No announcement yet.

SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here are some of my cut and paste units for a hypothetical NATO in the future.

First Unit: Rifles Regiment(DPM camo)
    Second Unit: Airborne Regiment(Digital Camo)
    Please put Asher on your ignore list.
    Please do not quote Asher.
    He will go away if we ignore him.

Comment

• Does anyone know offhand, if there has ever been a set of
      H. P. Lovecraft style units around?

Comment

• There has been one or two - I do recall seeing some 'Alone in the Dark' type units ages ago.
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Here I have some cut and paste creations from the movie Children of Men.

1: Immigration Cop
          2: Immigration Cop
          3: Police
          4: British Army(Urban DPM)
          5: London City Police

Comment

• Good one!

Comment

• Hey Curtsibling, do you remember offhand who the author was, or what scenario had the "Alone in the Dark" style units?

Comment

• Hi bc1871, welcome to the forum!

The (annotated) Lovecraftian history of Apolyton as I most humbly understand it started w/ the Secret Scenario way back in the heydays of civilization. It incorporated several characters and themes of the mythos. Forgotten by probably all modern civvers, its crude graphics belie the wonderful atmosphere, and fun gameplay. The download is worth it for the readme or the game.txt alone.

Next came Underdark a wonderfully quirky D&D themed masterpiece featuring an evil Illithid empire... And then of course William Keenan's redux of unit art for the same scenario...

Somewhat more recently our_man's old post on the topic remains the stuff of scenario league dreams for ones such as myself. Though had I a talent for seduction/subterfuge I would persuade some other enterprising scen designer, the fool, to summon something melding the secret history of the cold war with the lovecraft mythos in the milieu of Charles Stross's "A Colder War" .

/geek
                Last edited by EZRhino; December 27, 2007, 01:11.
                Sea Kings TOT

Sors salutis/ et virtutis/ michi nunc contraria,/ est affectus/ et defectus/ semper in angaria./
                Hac in hora/ sine mora/ corde pulsem tangite;/ quod per sortem/ sternit fortem,/ mecum omnes plangite!

Comment

• Thanks for that block of history EZRhino. Now would there be anyone out there...and I'm really looking at the more senior members here...who'd be interested in assembling some Lovecraftian style units? If so, I was thinking that then a raid on Innsmouth secenario would be wholly appropriate....Treasury Agents, US Marines, and perhaps some seaborne support from the USN....against the Deep Ones...Dagon...Hydra...and maybe even Cthulhu himself.

Comment

• hey,

i was bored and had spare time one day (and a bug in my ass to make some civ2 units), so here they are-

some kind of knight/ranger guy, some kind of knight/ranger guy with a grey cape, and a monk with a big cudgel.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• They look good
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Indeed
                        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• The monk is great!

Comment

• Alright...well the above post is not my inspiration....the units were made for a friend who is big into Star Wars...or maybe this is Star Trek...one of those franchises anyhow. So based on pictures I was shown I came up with some cut and paste units for something called the Terran Empire(Star Wars I think??).

Assumption of what the units are:

1st Row: Naval Officers
                            2nd Row: Marine Corps or Naval Infantry
                            3rd Row: Non-Commissioned Members

Note: I did not use the color palette common to civ2...so I don't know what these units will look like in play. Also, I took some creative liberties in the unit creation, and added some objects that were not in the source material(most notably the ship's ball caps for the Officers, and the beret/helmet/forage cap and ballistic vest for the marines.

Hope someone might find use for these units.
                            (Also let me know if this is star wars or what?)

Comment

• They're very good, but they need shading.
                              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Attack of the Trek!

In responding to bc1871 I have to put a geek alert out on myself. The Terran Empire is from Star Trek. In the "evil" mirror universe the Terran Empire was the counterpart to the Federation, but corrupt and barbarous. Violent. Genocidal. Anyways, from the units you've posted I'd definitely say the first two columns are from the "Enterprise" series era of the empire and the the last column is from Kirk's (the Original Series) era mirror universe. Incidentally I plan on posting some units tonight if I can get around to it.
                                We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes. -- Gene Roddenberry

Comment

Working...
                                X