No announcement yet.

SciFi/Fantasy Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Gareth you sure earned that compliment once again. Anyways, once again here is the Atlantean Seige Unitset, though this time the seige engine warrants the "GB" signature. I based the Atlantean helepolis on your recently posted seige engine Gareth because I thought it was more isometric, not taking anything away from BeBro's awsome unit.

Also featured is a mod of the original Civ II catapult as well as a battering ram by BeBro himself.
    Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice units...

Helepolis means "taker of cities" i think. The Ele part is rather obscure in modern greek. I am not aware if Demetrios first used that word

Comment

• Isn't it "City of the Sun"?
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• that would have been Heliopolis

here is a TOT castle unit that i made. Tot units are almost as big as the regular civ3 cities, so i used an english city size #1 that i have made for civ3. I hope you like it
          Attached Files

Comment

• Nice city

Originally posted by techumseh
            Isn't it "City of the Sun"?
            'Taker of cities' according to Connolly (?).
            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• indeed. I don't know where 'hele' comes from, but it is not the same as Helio[s], which is the sun.
              Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• Sorry about the delay; it's my crumby Internet plan.

Those are spectacular Atlantean units, Mr. Sarsstock! I'll add them to my unit graphics file right away!

And, siege weapons! I'd completely forgotten about those. Must add them somewhere.

UDB

Comment

• This is a griffon. Part man, part bird. And still not a hermarphodite (i am not a great comedian )
                  Attached Files

Comment

• perhaps this will make it visible
                    Attached Files

Comment

• And the Medusa

i should again state that because i havent yet tried to make arms and legs i am using already made ones from other people, so the griffon has limbs edited from fairline's units, and th emedusa from curtsibling's dr.who girl (can you see that it was based from that? )
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Varwnos; August 21, 2005, 08:11.

Comment

• does anybody have a Peter Griffin?

Comment

• i guess i could make one. But what would you use it for?

somewhat unrelated: i am dissapointed that no one said anything about my Flaubert, Kafka and Odradek units :/

Comment

• All units are appreciated, and help add to our huge library of CIV2 units, Varwos!

Don't be put out if no-one comments, as your work here is always respected.

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Ty

btw my nick is varwnos, and it is the greekified word for baron. If you are carefull you will see that the b is replaced with v because the greek beta makes a v sound, and o is replaced with an omega (in this case a w, which looks close to an omega). -os is the ussual ending for masculine nouns in greek.

Comment

• i'm not actually after a Peter Griffin unit, i was just making a [bad] joke about the griffin.

one could potentially make a Petoria vs USA scenario or a scenario about that episode where Peter and his neighbors all end up fighting each other over the trophy they won for having the best parade float.

those would require units representing most, if not all, of the rest of the cast, though.

or maybe one of Peter vs the Giant Chicken...

Comment

Working...
                                X