Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Turtledove units...

Attached Files
    The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
    2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• The Me 264 "Amerika" Bomber:
      Attached Files
      The Ghost of the Disco is ... your mastermind, your mastermind!
      2013: A Union Divided|John III Sobieski|Red Storm

Comment

• I do wonder...

Have any of you ever seen these babies? Genuine 7 TP Polish Light Tanks, some of the best tanks Poland had in 1939. There are two different main variants. The single turret 37mm gun light tank (which was the rarer of the two) and the twin turret mg light tank. Wouldn't they be interesting?

Comment

• The 7TP was a development by the PZI design bureau of the Vickers-Armstrong Mark 'E' 6ton Light Tank which the Poles had purchased between 38 and 50 of (both twin and single turret) during the thirties. The 7TP weighed 9ton and was a considerable step forward in design over the Vickers version. It had a licence-built Saurer 6-cylinder diesel engine which developed 110hp, so making the 7TP the first diesel-powered tank to reach production status. Its armour was also 4mm thicker than the 6ton armour. There was also a later 7TP Improved version.

The Poles were also working on a light tank called the 10 TP which had Christie type suspension, but it was not put into production before the invasion.

A 7TP would be nice for a Civ2 unit graphic, but would it ever be put to use? Hopefully so
          SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
          SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
          SL INFORMATION THREAD
          CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• Hey everybody; long-time lurker here. I thought I'd contribute some stuff.

Here's a set of WW2 era Byzantine troops that I put together from existing units (I've tried to credit the original artists whenever possible). They might be useful for some kind of alternate history scenario wherein the Byzantine Empire has survived into the XX Century (however that might be -- maybe Manzikert and Myriokephalon never happened )

Anyhow, here they are. Thanks to to Fairline, Typhoon and anybody else I've missed for the original graphics.

Attached Files
            Last edited by McMonkey; May 22, 2010, 18:19.

Comment

• And here is a useable bitmap of the above set:
              Attached Files

Comment

• Nice collection. They look a bit like Swiss troops of the era, though I think the Swiss wore grey. That's a hell of an alternative history idea.I guess the Byzantines soldiered on for a thousand years after the fall of the west, so another five-hundred isn't such a huge leap of the imagination
                SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                SL INFORMATION THREAD
                CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• I've always found the hypothetical survival of the Byzantine Empire an interesting topic. In Medieval II; Total War, I take the greatest delight in both preserving and expanding their realm. A Civ II Scenario with a middle-eastern Byzantine realm, either just in modern day Turkey, or as far down as Sinai.. ^^ That would be epic. Could the Byzantines survive WW2?

Perhaps I can manage to slap some tank together for them.. Or give them some Artillery..

Comment

• I did slap together an Airplane I thought they might be using.. The US CW-21 Demon, a Curtis Wright airplane not used by the US army. I've also included an image of them in Dutch service, where they fought with the colonial Dutch forces. During that conflict they gained 4 kills, though most were lost on the ground.

They had similar performance to the Japanese Oscar. And a similar two gun armament.

http://www.aviationart.nl/Curtiss-wright_CW-21B.jpg
                    Oh, and I didn't remove Fairlines signature.. well, both the wings and airplane body is by him. I just glued them together.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by torbk; May 23, 2010, 13:38. Reason: Amendment

Comment

• And some tanks..

An armored tractor/personel carrier, in an enclosed design. As such, just a tad ahead of its own time. And the same chassis, armored top, added 37mm and 75mm turrets.

Not entirely sure these would pass as Byzantine though..
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by torbk; May 23, 2010, 13:39. Reason: Wrong tank image

Comment

• @ McMonkey:

Now that you mention it, those do rather look like Swiss helmets. I originally envisioned them as being somewhat similar to the Soviet helmets, but hey!

@ Torbk:

Fantastic units, sir! Thanks very much. I've been wondering just what kind of tanks the Byzantines might use. I thought they might buy some surplus T-34/76s or BTs from the Soviets, but it's much preferable to have your own, home-grown armor.

Also, I added a few troops around the APC, giving it the look of a mechanized division:
                        Attached Files

Comment

• Very nice! Your units were so good, I didn't realize they were Civ2s MGE and not Civ2 ToT...

Thank you for using the design ;

Comment

• As promised, a Byzantine Artillery unit, here already in Civ2 MGE format. I hope you like it and feel free to modify it further ^^ Especially the crew if you want to.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• I hope you will make these units part of scenario? (or have you done so already?)
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Wow somehow I thought the planes I made years back looked better than that. I needed to put some more time into those! LOL

Comment

Working...
                                X