No announcement yet.

WW2 Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• did they exist? pre-Adolf (before 1933 or so) they weren't allowed to have an air force, and i believe the first fighter they adopted on a significant scale was the Messerschmitt Bf 109... which was a damned good plane when you ignored the landing gear related accidents that claimed almost 1/3 of the total aircraft built...

Comment

• on that note: Bf109 by Fairline, Eivind, Catfish, or somebody else that has talent and made a big WW2 collection.

the compilation i pulled this from had alot of units by Fairline and Catfish, but i have a similiar compilation by Eivind that lacked a 109 but it was in that style... so somebody made that, and i just want to emphasize that it wasn't me.
      Attached Files

Comment

• I had made some He 51's for Pablostuka's "Spanish Civil War" back in winter 2002, but I guess the style is outdated by now...
        "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
        -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
        "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
        "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• @ all: Any help is highly appreciated!

Here is a revamped Peashooter (how I love that name )in exchange for your deeds
          Attached Files

Comment

• @tanelorn:

Post it, and we can bring the He-51 up to date!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Here it is.January 2003. By 2006 standards it's boo

All based on the venerable P9 by Nemo which is still a great original.

No time to draw much nowdays, I'll have a breather towards April.
              Attached Files
              "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
              -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
              "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
              "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• any chance we could get that peashooter in alternate paint schemes? i'm not overly familiar with that aircraft (i know a little), but i know there weren't too many army aircraft with green paint schemes around then

Comment

• That being true, the Peashooter was only used by the US IIRC ... could be wrong though ... and right now I am way to lazy to repaint it. If someone else wants to do so, feel free ...

Comment

• Originally posted by jim panse
                    That being true, the Peashooter was only used by the US IIRC ... could be wrong though ... and right now I am way to lazy to repaint it. If someone else wants to do so, feel free ...
                    I was thinking they were used by the chinese air force too. Not sure though.
                    "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
                    "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Yes.
                      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmywax
                        I was thinking they were used by the chinese air force too. Not sure though.
                        China (11) and Spain (1 aircraft) used the P-26, but the export version was built under the designation Boeing 281.

Comment

• US inter-war era planes were painted light blue with yellow wings. Presumably they were trying to blind the opposition into submission. The Peashooter had an olive-green fuselage towards the end of its career, but the Yanks kept the yellow wings.

The last version is a Chinese aircraft; this one's off-limits as it was drawn for Tech's Chinese Warlords scenario.
                          Attached Files
                          http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Also used by the Philippine air force.

Perhaps they wanted to blend in with sun? Now that's confidence in your pilots! There were a few nonoperational experiments with camouflage.
                            El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

• between world war 1 and world war 2, everybody thought that another major war was highly unlikely, and the attitude of the US military reflected that, as evidenced by the fact that we kept HORSE CAVALRY around until the early years of world war 2. if Germany had attacked us, people would make jokes about us being stupid instead of the Poles.

anywho, paint schemes on airplanes were more about looking pretty than being effective in combat. this attitude started to change in the late 30s and early 40s, though. i have a picture somewhere of a P-38, P-40, P-35, P-39... and a couple others i can't think of right off hand, half of the airplanes (to include the P-38, surprisingly) were polished aluminum, which makes for a very pretty airplane, but isn't effective in combat, while the P-40 and P-39 were both olive green, reflecting a realization that war may be on the horizon and we probably shouldn't stick out like sore thumbs when it arrives.

so there's my essay.

Comment

• Amazing Peashooter's there Gareth!! I hadn't realized they saw action in the Chinese theatre, I'm sure they'll find a good home in Tech's "Warlords of China" scenario. I wonder to which of Tech's civ's it will be available to?

Comment

Working...
                                X