Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wonderful!

Comment

• Those enmies of Rome Gareth without deserve all the 9 thumbs up they've been given. Has anyone planned or outlined a grand "Enemies of Rome" scenario taking place between the 1st and 6th century to make use of this great treasure trove of units?

Comment

• I would love to play a scenario where you try to hold off the
        fall of the Roman empire as long as possible...It could make
        good use of fairline's killer units!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• I was in the making of one. Before loosing most of it in a HD crash. It stretched from 200AD to(hopefully) 1453AD.
          I had only designed up to the arab conquests untill i lost it. There's got to be my old thread somewhere still.
          The multi events system was new for me and i am a slow learner. I still have the map with 99% correct Roman order of battle, and tech tree(it was truly a ***** redesigning from scratch) thank god.

Will make another attempt in two months time once i am discharged.

P.S Can i make a copyright claim or something? Or isn't it appropiate for a scenario design community?
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• I am sure we can get the scenario back up and even better than before!

Plenty of new GFX and items have been made that will make
            any new anciet scen very interesting...Harry's Romamini is
            a great example...!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Yes, Romamini will benefit greatly I hope to upgrade it to ToT soon and get it running.

Comment

• There just can't be enough praise for Fairline's work.
                @Peri I think I must have a backup copy of the alpha you sent me some ages ago, I'll mail it to you if I can find the cd.
                I backup everything nowdays.

Anyway, GB's latest and a comment by you inspired these mods, part of the terracota army of Qin Shi Huang Di, the first emperor, 3rd c.bC
                They dressed in blue and had black banners. The Han ( posted some time ago) dressed in red and had yellow banners. The Qin conquered the Han @+/-300bC, the Han toppled the Qin some time after China's unification by the Qin (or Tsin, hence the name).
                Attached Files
                "Whoever thinks freely, thinks well"
                -Rigas Velestinlis (Ferraios)
                "...êáé ô' üíïìá ôçò, ôï ãëõêý, ôï ëÝãáíå Áñåôïýóá..."
                "I have a cunning plan..." (Baldric)

Comment

• to exo auto pou se steila. gamata ta grafica.
                  "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
                  Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

• Thanks gents

Here's some elephants, all based on Catfish's splendid African elephant icon which I brazenly stole from his site

I've size-reduced him, then turned him into an Indian elephant (big head, small ears, hump-back) and then given him the full-on ancient Indian paint job. This last icon is a taster for a graphic re-hash of Harlan's Mongols which is nearing completion.
                    Attached Files
                    http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Here's a useable bmp:
                      Attached Files
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• Very kickass!

Comment

• I could only second what Harry said, excellent stuff, Gareth

Comment

• You are the Prince of Pachyderms!
                            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Wow..

That elephant could be tweaked into a nice looking Oliphaunt with a Mûmakil tower on it. *hint*
                              "Peace cannot be kept by force.
                              It can only be achieved by understanding"

Comment

• When fairline and catfish units come together the result is always spectacular
                                I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                                Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                                Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                                X