Ancient/Pre-Steam Unit Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fairline View Post
    Thanks chaps. c2u: I do have lot's, but at most they're half-finished, and I don't want to post half-finished crap
    Maybe you find the time sometime to finish them
    American War of Independence
    A Divided Nation - US Civilwar

Comment

• Gareth, your modesty is unjust.
      I am sure what you deride as crap will be absolutely inspiring and useful for scenario makers.
      I 've already tried DAROE ToT with the new units file, its great!

So I decided to try my hand on some extra Serbian units, Dushan era:

Two voynuks, the third one is a gusar, an archetypal hussar, and the fourth a kraysnichi, an armed peasant.
      AKA Tanelorn.
      Big, big smile.

Comment

• This is great stuff, reminiscent of our Golden Age!
        Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

• Well, lets put our backs into it!

First row: Bulgar horse archer, Bulgar or Vlach archer
          Second row: Skanderbeg Albanian light horse, Ottoman balkan vassal Deli

Moving on to the Wallachian army of Drakula.
          AKA Tanelorn.
          Big, big smile.

Comment

• Tim and Fairline your units are incredibles.... It's wonderful.
            If you want to be to adapt to any scenario for your incredible TOT units you have only to tell me...
            Saludos
            Petit

Comment

• Hello McMonkey
              Scenarios adapted by Catfish:
              http://users.tpg.com.au/jpwbeest/jp_links.htm
              Saludos
              Petit

Comment

• Following the wise instructions of Catfish I have adapted a number of scenarios to ToT in the sleague placing...
                I hope you enjoy.
                Soon I will send a new scenarios adapted to ToT.
                Saludos,
                Petit

Comment

• Originally posted by gapetit View Post
                  Following the wise instructions of Catfish I have adapted a number of scenarios to ToT in the sleague placing...
                  I hope you enjoy.
                  Soon I will send a new scenarios adapted to ToT.
                  Saludos,
                  Petit
                  Wonderful, I look forward to them.

btw, why are posted PNGs fuzzy and BMPs aren't?
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

McM: I think I got both conversions from Catfish (?)
                    I didn't do Komnenai. Nice work BTW.

The list of all the converted scenarios that I've released can be found at the link Gapetit posted. The versions I've posted in various forum threads are out-of-date. Get the ones from CFC's downloads database.

Originally posted by techumseh View Post
                    btw, why are posted PNGs fuzzy and BMPs aren't?
                    Since the forum upgrade, it appears that all image attachments wider than 580 pixels are automatically converted to rescaled JPGs. I just tested it with this 580 x 440-pixel 8-bit PNG ToT DAROAE screenshot, which was resized from an 800 x 500-pixel image to 580 x 363 on my first attempt. Plomp's working on it.

I can't see any BMPs now that I've Adblocked them all. Although I hate the term, it needs to be said that posting BMPs in webpages is an extremely noob thing to do. If you must post BMPs, zip them. I only ever download the 'PNG previews' anyway; no reason to download everything twice.
                    Attached Files
                    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

• Which one is the Varangian?
                      That Roman Diplomat btw is stunning.
                      "Wit is educated insolence".
                      -Aristotle.

Comment

• Thanks for the link Petit and for the conversions Catfish. I look forward to seeing your new conversions Petit. I have just downloaded a load of ToT conversions I didn't already have. I really need to sort out my scenario folders and play my way through some of these games. I'm moving house atm so finding the time to play Civ2 is a bit hard. Hopefully next week I can just chill out and enjoy a good game!
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE FORUM
                        SCENARIO LEAGUE WIKI SITE
                        SL INFORMATION THREAD
                        CIV WEBRING MULTIPLAYER FORUM

Comment

• I´ve made new flags for DAROAE
                          Attached Files

Comment

• ...and the flags for Komnenai
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Excellent units Tim. Keep them coming

C2u: Nice. I've already made flags for DAROAE to go with Catfish's terrain (which I've changed a bit). I also made a start on cities, but never got round to finishing. The smaller 2 cities are by Sarsstock, while the Hagia Sophia attempt is mine. People are placeholders, but I've included them as they're better than the vanilla ones.

Thanks for the info on png max size Catfish. Is Mr Plomp making a concerted effort to fix this, cos it's a pain in the arse? Presumably the max size was chosen to allow pics to be sized properly for the new slim-view forum makeover? If so, they need to resize the forum, not the effing attachments!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by fairline; September 19, 2010, 04:16. Reason: venting
                              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

C2u: Nice. I've already made flags for DAROAE to go with Catfish's terrain (which I've changed a bit). I also made a start on cities, but never got round to finishing. The smaller 2 cities are by Sarsstock, while the Hagia Sophia attempt is mine. People are placeholders, but I've included them as they're better than the vanilla ones.
                                Thanks for the extra bits and pieces (and C2U for the flags). I may get around to playing the scenario one day.

Originally posted by fairline View Post
                                Thanks for the info on png max size Catfish.
                                I think it applies to all graphics. Anything wider than 580 pixels is converted to a 580-pixel wide JPG. Nine-by-nine-cell ToT unit files just happen to be 586 pixels. Bad luck there.

Is Mr Plomp making a concerted effort to fix this, cos it's a pain in the arse?
                                Your guess is as good as mine. He seems to take an extraordinary amount of time to get things done. Mr Plod?

Presumably the max size was chosen to allow pics to be sized properly for the new slim-view forum makeover? If so, they need to resize the forum, not the effing attachments!
                                You can switch to wide columns in your user settings. Making wide columns part of the default forum style sounds too much like common sense.
                                Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
                                X