No announcement yet.

Flag Request Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are two versions. For cities? i dont have civ2 so i would need to dl some city flags to work around...
    Attached Files

Comment

In honor of the completed restoration I bring to you these new ToT unit shields.... the button shields. These below are a WW2 button shield set, some are original but others have been modified from shields made by Curt, Harry, Steph and Gareth to fit in the button format.

Enjoy!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Very nice. I love the look of them. I think you've created a future staple for flags.

Comment

Very nice, indeed!
          Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

sweet, makes me want to learn ToT,
            I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
            Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
            Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

These are gorgeous! Do players think that's too crowded? Last time I tried symbols in the icons, I got lambasted for excess clutter. Of course they weren't nearly as appealing as these!

If the clutter freaks (that includes me) win, can I get you to make a few more for EAv2?
              El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Sure I'd love to make some more flags for your upcomming project. Just let me know what needs to be produced and I'll see what I can do.

Comment

I decided to go ahead Boco and make afew shields based on the unit files for the original El Aurens. If there have been any changes at all and new shields are needed please don't hesitate to ask .
                  Attached Files

Comment

Many thanks!

Drooling on the floor excellent! I'll make a few alternative static.spr files with these shields in various positions and get some feedback. Before I do, though, I want to determine the optimal unit height with CivSprite.

Ah, now you get to learn of the crap Fair-where's-my-Turkish-train-line has had to put up from me. How much would be lost if the diameter were reduced by two pixels? Btw, he's finally learned to just say no.
                    El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I'm still reeling from the fact you said my horse's ass was too shiny

You raise a good point here - where the hell is your Turkish train! It's high time I had a go at some EA gfx. Boco, can you send me your latest units?

Nice button-badges Sarsstock
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Yeah, and you were right on that one. Hafta admit, you know a horse's ass. At least I was helpful with the trail spike. Sarsstock may be reeling from my reduction inquiry. I'll send the units.bmp soon. You may want to see whether you still admit to being the author to some of the butchered hybrids in there.

Where do you guys like the ToT shields to be?[list=1][*]Fully visible in the same spot in all icons[*]As low as possible but fully visible[*]Low. Partially obscured is okay.[*]In a layer under the unit key, i.e. the unit key is superimposed on top of the shield.[*]You banana-head. It's obvious that it should be _____.[/list=1]
                        El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Well I could take a crack at reducing the shields in size by two pixels, but I would be curious why? In any case I've typically put the shields up on top next to the health bar as seen in this screenshot I just took of Verne..... still in development.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Chris, could I get a Dutch and Thai button shield? I'm seriously considering using these for EotRS.

Comment

Here you go my friend, the flags for Holland, Thailand and colonial Indochina.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Let me know when you're ready for play-testing! Likewise if you want some help with events.

Well I could take a crack at reducing the shields in size by two pixels, but I would be curious why?
                                Umm, cuz I was squeezing the shields down low on the icons where they made it look cluttered and not so nice as where you have them... Don't take a crack. It was a dull-ass idea.
                                El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Working...
                                X