Imagine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagine

For me programming, hex-editing etc is all world of lepercauns, hobbits, and magic frogs in tiny funny hats. I don't really know what this civ letter is for, though I think it will make true some of the things I hope for.
    I came to think of specifical features of civ2 as customable ones.
    Some techs, units etc in civ2 have abilities/effects that can not be given to other ones. Imagine it could be changed (like in original events language, You could just give technology, now You can take it as well). Sea with toads, mines, irrigation...
    20 wonders giving You +1 happy citizen - or perhaps a wonder giving You -1 happy citizen? Imagine the worth of this: You could have a wonder that gives You boosts of production, but decreases happyness.
    Or a goverment that, like despotism, does not allow You to take advantage of irrigation, but gives You somekind of other boost - in production (like communism) or in trade (like democracy). Or a spy unit that's invisible unless stepped on, like submarine.
    Is there a sightest chance it will ever come true?

Oh, and btw, how do I turn off this damned unit animation in ToT scenarios?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Now that's what the civ2 source code would be for (or Civ4 failing that). But it probably take years...

For the animation... Read this:
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
    X