Running mods/scenarios

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running mods/scenarios

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I only did a quick search.

How do I run mods/scenarios for Civ2(Original,FW,MGE or TOT)? Including the graphics.
    Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
    -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

It is pretty easy. With MGE, you start Civ2, and click on "Begin Scenario". A window will open, showing which scenarios you have in your main civ2 folder. This probably includes "Wwii" and "Rome". Click on one of those and answer the usual questions about Level of play etc.

I think it is the same for the other versions of Civ2, but with MGE (and probably FW), you should also have a separate folder with more scenarios to choose from. Most of those have their own graphics files, but you don't have to worry about that, as long as you haven't moved or deleted anything.

I don't have ToT, so the routine may be different there.

Comment

I don't know the anser.... But the guys in the Scenario Forum will.
      Wizards sixth rule:
      "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
      Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Sorry about not posting in the scenario forum, I wasn't really sure.

Should the scenarios be put in their own folder in the main CIV2 folder or put in a collecting folder? i.e. "C:\MPS\CIV2\ALMEA8" vs. "C:\MPS\CIV2\SCENS\ALMEA8".

I've just realised that the problem is I'd converted the image files to 24 bit colour which means that Civ2 doesn't load them. Sorry
        Caution! Under no circumstances confuse the mesh with the interleave operator, except under confusing circumstances!
        -Intercal reference manual

People often remark of me, "You say sorry far to much!". To which my common-sense reply is "I apologise".

Comment

Originally posted by tombom
          Should the scenarios be put in their own folder in the main CIV2 folder or put in a collecting folder? i.e. "C:\MPS\CIV2\ALMEA8" vs. "C:\MPS\CIV2\SCENS\ALMEA8".
          Whatever you prefer. Normally, you'd put them in their own folder in "C:\MPS\Civ2\SCENARIO\". But anywhere else will do just fine. As long as it's on the same drive as Civ2.

I think the same goes for ToT.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I have a question along the same lines...
            You know all those WWII units people here make with shields that have the nation's emblem on them? (Like Germany has the war ensign with the swastika and American units have the stars and stripes, etc.) How do I use those? I don't get which units I can replace, because of the shield specifically. Is it because I'm only running the regular CivII (Not MGE or ToT)?

Comment

Working...
            X