X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Return from Exile

Yes, my account is functioning again.

Now on to other matters;

I'm glad to hear from those of you who still appreciate Age of Imperialism. Since the original posting of that scenario, I've modified the events file somewhat and placed a new "battle" sequence in the icon file. No, I don't own ToT. Perhaps pointlessly, I'm waiting on civ4, hoping it won't be a total disaster.

Development on Age of Bronze has halted temporarily until I have a fuller understanding of the events stuff.

On that note; I've seen events in other scenarios that have events where the RANDOMTURN trigger is on the far side of the "@THEN" statement. I've implemented this type of modification to some events, but can't get it to work. So I looked at several other scenarios that seem to have event-delivered, repeating units in them, and here's what I've discovered . . . .

1.) placing that trigger on the other side of the @THEN statement doesn't work. The specified units never arrive. If someone can demonstrate a situation where this DOES work, I'll be grateful.

2.) The technology-received trigger works every turn that the tech-owning civ has it. In other words, THIS trigger DOES deliver units, and every turn. But what if I don't WANT to deliver a unit every turn, but every few turns? Or not very often at all?

3.) Is there any way to "shut this off" once a received-technology trigger is activated? Or is one doomed to simply receive units this way ad infinitum?

It's good to be back.
    Lost in America.
    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Re: Return from Exile

Welcome back, Exile!

Originally posted by Exile
    2.) The technology-received trigger works every turn that the tech-owning civ has it. In other words, THIS trigger DOES deliver units, and every turn. But what if I don't WANT to deliver a unit every turn, but every few turns? Or not very often at all?
    Stating the obvious: you can use the "justonce" command, which does exactly what it says!
    But I'm sure you knew that...

And even if you said you don't own ToT, Curt is bound to suggest the "removetech" command this version features...

3.) Is there any way to "shut this off" once a received-technology trigger is activated? Or is one doomed to simply receive units this way ad infinitum?
    In Discworld, I used a (cumbersome) solution; here is what you could do to create some units on random turns, starting with a tech and ending with another one:
    - choose the square on which the units will be created, and place an invicible unit on it
    - write an event creating the unit on random turns on this square
    - when the 1st tech is discovered, changeterrain on that square, effectively destroying the invincible unit and allowing the creation on this square
    - when the 2nd tech is discovered, recreate the invicible unit on the square
    - alternative: start with an ocean terrain on the square, and change it to land, and back to ocean: this will work for land units!

I told you it was cumbersome...
    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Biting my tongue.....
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Welcome back, Phenix

I hope there is some kind of solution soon ...

Comment

You should bite your tongue after that soundwave joke, Brian.

Yes, it's cumbersome, J, but it WOULD work. I'll have to consider this solution and see how I can apply it.

Stephan/Eivind, I think that there are a number of events in your scenarios that don't work. Anyplace that I've found the RANDOMTURN trigger below the @THEN statement, no dice. Doesn't function.

I'm going to post a new EVENTS file for AoC very soon. Some changes in this file will make a better scen, I'm convinced, and I'll post the final file when satisfied. Perhaps a new Icons file too.

I'm still wrestling with the MOVETO event. I KNOW it works---Nemo's scenarios amply demonstrate that. But I'll be damned if I can get the thing to fire off. Still working on a solution.
          Lost in America.

Comment

I kill myself!
            Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
              Yes, it's cumbersome, J, but it WOULD work. I'll have to consider this solution and see how I can apply it.
              Glad to be of help!

BTW: "J" ??
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

My bad.
                Lost in America.

Comment

And Btw, who do I talk to about civ group announcements?
                  Lost in America.

Comment

Meh.

What do you need?

Comment

I seem to recall releasing Panzer Battles on the River Chir recently.

Should it have appeared in the CivGroup news?
                      Lost in America.

Comment

Well ... that´s a damn good reason to ask ... I will do that tomorrow morning (CET) ... sorry.

Damnit, I feel ashamed not having it done yet. Forgive me, please

Comment

no prob, "Jim."

I hate calling someone a chimpanze.

Lost in America.

Comment

Consider it done, Sir!

Comment

But you can also submit news to the Civgroup, Exile. Don't we?
                              "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                              "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                              The Spanish Civilization Site
                              "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Working...
                              X