Converting MGE scenarios to TOT for Dummies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting MGE scenarios to TOT for Dummies

Hiho there ... I am planning to convert definitely to TOT but I am suffering a problem.

I was trying to convert one of my scenarios to TOT format but every time I run CivConverter it is not prompting "Conversion Terminated" but "Error in opening scenario file" - and before you ask: Yes, I typed the directory right.

Anyone up to helping me out?

Otherwise I shall stick to MGE ...

Help Him!
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

Well I guess I'll write something useful instead of just upping my post count...

First I'd post the steps and the directory you posted to just in case

Then, I'd make sure your file is not already converted as it might have during one of the earlier attempts.

Comment

Mmmmm, the problem is that even though I wrote the uber-correct path into that DOS prompt window it has not converted the files.

Even though I converted the gfx files before and I don´t think I want to place everything again

I will continue to try ...

Comment

Try Catfish's site. He's written an excellent guide on this. Look under "Guides".

But if it's just the scenario file that still needs converting, simply dragging-and-dropping it onto the Converter executable icon should do the job.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you Jorrit, this definitely helped!

Comment

Working...
            X