converting into ToT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting into ToT

Is it posible to convert scenarios designed for Civ2 to function in Civ2:ToT? Will the units still work allthough they are designed for the original game? What tools do I need to convert scenarios? =)

Cheers /Telescreen of the Free Drones
    Tied down for survival

i think someone made a converter, but i can't remember who or where to find it.( a lotta help i am )
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

The "that which cannot be named" convertor can be found in the downloadable files on the main page of the other big civ site.

...may God protect those who utter the name of the aforementioned unmentionable...

Sorry, Telescreen, inside joke. There is a convertor but it has been deemed piracy by the big wigs of the site.

Comment

I wasn't aware of that. The ToT scenario convertor has been branded a piracy tool? Seems a bit harsh for what's basically a graphic convertor tool.

On what grounds?
        Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

well,get yourself a pirate flag, download it, and have fun
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

lol yes I read that in the manual file wich came with the download ^^ I really can't understand wich part of the program that truly breaks any legal paragraph, but I guess It ain't worth trying to find out either =)

thanks for your help everyone!
            Tied down for survival

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Tuttle
              The "that which cannot be named" convertor can be found in the downloadable files on the main page of the other big civ site.

...may God protect those who utter the name of the aforementioned unmentionable...

Sorry, Telescreen, inside joke. There is a convertor but it has been deemed piracy by the big wigs of the site.
              Really, Harry? When did this happen?
              Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Ah crap, you guys are right. I was thinking of the MGE to ToT game convertor. My mistake.

Comment

Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Harry

It seems you found the converter anyway, Telescreen? Not the "patches" Harry was talking about.
                    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

yup I found it, think i've figured out how it works as well.
                      ^^
                      Tied down for survival

Comment

Working...
                      X