second row
    ohka, ki61, L2D2, D3A?, ki100, g4m, ki45, g3m
    3rd row
    zero, ki61, zero?, n1k, b5n, g3m, d4y, g4m
    4th row
    ki45, ki84, ki10, j2m, a5m, d3a, b6n, c6n
    5th row,
    ki21, d1a, half track, k130, ki45, a5m,
    if you are going to include an d3a, use the top row one in this coolection, it looks too good to be passed up
    second image,
    top row
    m3 lee/grant, m4 sherman, taiho, soryu, kaga
    2nd row
    akagi, hosho,essex, hornet, saratoga
    3rd row
    illustrious, eagle, hermes, ark royale, courageous
    4th row
    b-17, b-17, b-25, type 9, type 1,
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't sure about many of them (whereas I know of many of them, I don't have the talent some on this forum do to identify them by sight from a bitmap).

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
        Say, could someone make me an American P-40 Warhawk, British Hurricane, and Australian Kittyhawk. As well, Erika, could you tell me which of your planes are a Ki-43 Hayabusa, Ki-100 Hien, Nakajima Kikka, and J8M1 Shusui, if they're all even there. And are those grey bombers below a B-17 and B-24, respectively. If they aren't all there, could someone please create some for me.
        Rather then request that people create units for you, why don't you have a look at the WW2 graphics showcase thread? You'll find that all of those units have been made, some of them by several different artists
        'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
        - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Alright, I made some changes, utilized more slots, and used more graphics, as well as listened to your advice, and here's where my units.gif stands. Let me know what you think.

Comment

• As a note, I ultimately decided not only to do away with Canadian infantry, but the French ones too. For ease of play (and to free up slots), French Indo-China just begins occupied by Japanese infantry, and Canadian cities on the map are just garrisoned by US home forces.

Comment

• I notaced that very few people have made p40's,
              my specialty are tanks and ships
              I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!

Comment

• Just a point of accepted convention round here Patine: please leave the artists initials on their units
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

• you don't have to have the diamonds around the units, they are just there to make unit designing easier

Comment

• My main piece of advice would be to line up the unit shields with the blue positioning dots along the green divider lines, otherwise the unit shield graphics will appear in a different spot than the actual game's unit shield.

Comment

• @fairline: I didn't actually deliberately go and erase the artists' initials. Many came without such, and it seems some were lost in a way I don't fully understand (some glytch of MS Paint, I guess).

@Sarsstock: I'll get on it this evening. I've got to remember that bit of advice in the future.

Comment

• Yeah, although not intentional, removing fairline's sig from those units is something akin to pissing in a confession booth. Sacrilege!

(just kidding)

Comment

• Make him walk the plank!

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
                            @fairline: I didn't actually deliberately go and erase the artists' initials. Many came without such, and it seems some were lost in a way I don't fully understand (some glytch of MS Paint, I guess).
                            From memory, Civ2 actually strips the initals of .bmp unit files. The solutions to this are either to use a .gif (if you've got the software and know-how) or credit all the units in the readme file when you release the scenario (like I did in all my scenarios).
                            'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
                            - Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon

Comment

• Why are there so many different Japanese infantry unit types? Do the Japanese gain new infantry types as the war advances?

Also, does this scenerio intend to put in a lot of historical events? if so, a space for a T34/85 might be in order, for use by the USSR when it comes crashing through to take Manchuria.

Also, I don't know is a whole spot for the human bomb is warranted-perhaps change it to a new version of an old fighter as a one shot missile, or allow the player to keep building the older less expensive fighters to throw at the enemy without concern for loss.

Finally, why not a spot for the Matilda II? It was very commonly used by Commonwealth forces in the theater once they were no good for the western front, but could easily beat any Japanese tanks that took the field in any useful numbers.
                              If you don't like reality, change it! me
                              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

• Yeah, using the in game units editor will automatically wipe any pink or purple sigs away and add the diamond tile pattern. I usually just do everything in MS-Paint and then use PSP 8 to make sure my palette matches.

Comment

Working...
                                X