No announcement yet.

Empire of the Rising Sun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I was so long in responding; I've been incredibly busy the last two days. Anyways, thanks a lot for the links, Leonidas, and the new kikka typhoon! I really appreciate it. @jimmywax: How's the new B-24 and Zero coming along? You've all been a great help (and others on this thread too). The near final units.bmp is almost ready. Thanks!

Comment

• Bad news on the Zero, I was thinking that I could just swap colors on the ToT units like I could on the MGE versions. Apparently none of my graphics editors are capable, or it is beyond my abillities to do this.

The B-24 is coming along though, hopefully I will have it done tomorrow.

You may need to enlist the help of somebody else for the Zero though.
      "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Here ya go
        edit:
        look below
        |
        |
        \/
        Last edited by Broken_Erika; February 27, 2005, 00:19.
        I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
        Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
        Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Here's an updated one
          edit: hmm, i seem to have forgotten tpo resize the file, oh well,
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

• Thanks a lot Erika and jimmy! Great work, there!

Comment

• Ok tell me what you think of this
              "I would rather have a German division in front of me than a French one behind me." -- General George S. Patton
              "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Absolute stunna!

There are seldom that many good B-24s - Great work!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• @ Curt: thanx man, but looking at it now I think it is too small. Too bad I won't have the time to work on it more until next weekend.

@ Patine: I was just wondering if you saw Fairline's new M-3/5 stuarts in the WWII gfx thread? They are pretty spectacular.
                  "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• It's great jimmy! I don't think there's a serious rival of that model. And, yes I've seen Fairline's M-3's. They're pretty cool, but yours isn't bad either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patine
                      It's great jimmy! I don't think there's a serious rival of that model. And, yes I've seen Fairline's M-3's. They're pretty cool, but yours isn't bad either.
                      That's good to hear, I am glad you are happy with it. My B-24 may not have any competition, but Fairline's stuart beats mine hands down imho. When going for accuracy you just can't beat Gareth's gfx.
                      "Guinness sucks!" -- Me

Comment

• Here's the units.bmp I'm currently working with. Great thanks to all who contributed graphics to it! I assume by now Curt has no problem with me using with planes (if you do, let me know). I'd still like to replace that redundant Chinese infantry, but currently I can't decide with what (if anyone has any ideas, please let me know). Let me know what you think of my setup.

Comment

• Okay, I've adjusted the units file just a bit. I've moved the Japanese cavalry over the second Chinese infantry, and restored the Royal Netherlands Marines (mainly to give the Dutch and offensive unit, as everyone else has at least one). I minorly tweaked the Dutch marine by giving it the square shield the Dutch KNIL has over the standard MGE one, and I moved typhoon's signature to the upper right corner where he put it on all the other infantry (hope you don't mind, typhoon). Here it is:

Comment

• The tail on one of the Japanese bombers seems to be missing...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

• It's OK Curt. It is an early model of a flight trainer for Kamikaze pilots.

My sources suggest that production of this model was discontinued when senior staff noticed a marked decrease in the number of trainees completing flight training.

Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

• @Curt: I imagine that an error was made in copying and pasting the unit originally, which was then overlooked when revisions were done. Though I'm not sure which bomber you're referring to, I do remember that several aircraft had that flaw originally. Typhoon seemed to have fixed most of them; I guess he missed that one.

@AGRICOLA: LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X