No announcement yet.

A couple o' things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not in Nethog's Civ2 Reference, although the x8 for attacks against 0 units is. Try a search for "partisans" and "NON"?

Comment

I thought it was x4 vs. 0 attack units.
      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

So, Theben, what you're saying is, you get NON-partisans? Like in an election for county dogcatcher? Cool!

Comment

The partisant thing is something new for me (perhaps because I never build them)
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

I suppose this trick could have been missed simply because Partisans don't become available until the game has progressed to the point where losing a city simply doesn't happen.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

I agree with germanos, I don't build partisans very often. It's nice to discover this, thus. Theben, congrats and good work
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Yaro sighting

Please contact me and/or SlowThinker with regard to a CivDip 3.0 'bug'
                "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
                "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

I believe the partisan bonus vs. 0 attack units is slot dependent. This can be both useful and/or surprising in some scenarios.

Comment

Originally posted by gunkulator
                    I believe the partisan bonus vs. 0 attack units is slot dependent.
                    Yes, it is!
                    Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                    Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                    POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                    LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

So build mega numbers of Parts.

Re-home to mini city.

Disband mini city and war with Democracy becomes EVEN easier!

Oh yeah -- we will test this a couple of time tonight for sure. Especially with parts being the preferred method for taking cities -- "No contact" & UN allows war continuance if desired...
                      Those with lower expectations face fewer disappointments

Comment

Tell me how it goes.

I think this might be more useful to scenario designers- I wonder if it's tech-dependent.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Originally posted by Old n Slow
                          So build mega numbers of Parts.

Re-home to mini city.

Disband mini city and war with Democracy becomes EVEN easier!

Oh yeah -- we will test this a couple of time tonight for sure. Especially with parts being the preferred method for taking cities -- "No contact" & UN allows war continuance if desired...
                          Cool of course i never leave fundamentalism once i reach it:
                          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
                          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
                          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Working...
                          X