• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fictional Tanks, aircraft ships, ect.

I Figured that this thread would house all the fictional
    stuff that any of us comes up with. I myself come up
    with hoardes of fictional tanks
    Have fun!
    I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
    Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
    Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Well this is a good idea for a thread I have to admit, certainly we have seen a good number of fictional tanks and airplanes out there in recent years. My only concern as always is that designers have become hesitant to share units with the forum until a scenario is released, for fear of people using their units before their intended scenario is released.

Even still, this should house a good collection of fictional hardware.

Comment

Units in here would already fit in the Modern or Speculative Graphics Showcase thread though...
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The Speculative thread already covers this methinks - Bumping the thread might get some reactions!
        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
        http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

In my opinion the speculative graphics thread feels
          "cluttered"
          It has Fictional, fantasy and other assorted graphics
          so i figured that a seperate thread for fictional
          20th century units would make it easier for viewing
          and sharing these kind of units.
          I am not delusional! Now if you'll excuse me, i'm gonna go dance with the purple wombat who's playing show-tunes in my coffee cup!
          Rules are like Egg's. They're fun when thrown out the window!
          Difference is irrelevant when dosage is higher than recommended!

Comment

Well, you're right that it kind of is a catch-all category. But we already got 6 showcase threads... I'll see if I can sweep through the showcases again and remove the posts without any graphics, though.

The Civ2 community is badly in need of a graphics-oriented website, though, if there are any takers.
            We already got the Spanish site for scenarios, my site for maps and utilities, the scenario league for tips, and several others with some great stuff, but none purely for graphics.
            Funny, because you'd think civ2 graphics creators would be good web designers...

In any case... Sorry, no can do!
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
            X