Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hildays Civ 2 Tournament - Russians (spoiler)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for looking.

Well, as I recall, I was initially distracted from settler building by caravans for wonders, elephants, and triremes. I built settlers sparingly if at all after I started conquering. I see that I was not dense enough in my home territiry, which slowed expansion, and also slowed wonder production. I think I switch to caravans too soon. Next game I will ICS till 12 cities and see if that doesn't build up a better civ faster. I don't think I will ever get to Slow Thinker levels - I think too fast...

On the other hand, Solo is always good at making sure he prioritizes exploring early and expanding from there, which always leads to good results in civII. Perhaps my seemingly good starts are more illusory than real.

Comment

Well, time's up. We have results posted from 5 players. By making the most out of the lack of rule restrictions, we must congratulate Slow Thinker for almost pulling off a BC result! It looks like the rest of us will have to study his brilliant and devious methods if we are to beat him in the next game. A superb effort and game. Here is a list of results for this tournament:

1. Slow Thinker - 1 AD
      2. A tie again, bewteen:
      Peaster - 460 AD
      solo - 460 AD
      3. Zenon - 520 AD
      4. Grigor - 1040 AD

Happy Holidays to all! I would look forward to participating in a new tournament if someone would like to start a thread and post a new start.

Comment

Congratulations to all the finishers!

I am willing to post a save and/or play again. Does anyone have any requests regarding the rules or starting position?

@solo - until then... the 2.42 team could use some help in the Caesar sxn game, if you are interested.

Comment

I won't play - so if you want something special I can prepare a game/map.
          Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

ST - Yes, please... whatever map/rules you think would be fun. There is no hurry, since a CFC GOTM just started yesterday.

Comment

Bump.... Is there no interest in another tournament at this time? Or is everybody waiting for someone else to start something?

Comment

Ah, sorry for the delay... I will create something unusual. This week - is it sufficient?

Comment

ST - Sure. No hurry. I will play, and hope for a big turnout of other player(s).

Comment

I started to prepare it....

Comment

Uh-oh!!

Comment

Eee-h?
                        ( it looks not only debeest will teach me new english words )

Comment

"Uh Oh!" means Grigor is worried about what you are planning or for us. It's a mild version of "Arrrrgh!"

Comment

Working...
                          X