PANZER BATTLES on the RIVER CHIR!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exile
    You're too busy to make maps for moi, remember, Merc?
    I know.

He seems like more of an artiste than a Civ2 enthusiast, but there's no doubting his talents, mosaic-wise.
    Or he's just MapEdit-savvy.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I just finished playing the scenario and here are my comments:

1) I am a wargamer (I usually play most wargames), and this definitely has that "wargame" feel. In short, I like it, and I like it a lot...

2) I can definitely see a series of scenarios done like this. I completed the 25 turns in about 1 hour 20 minutes. Makes for an intense, but short scenario.

3) I like the landscape, the setup, the sounds and the arty (nice touch). The tank units were particularly nice - very realistic looking. This scenario has a polished and balanced feel to it.

Here are a few suggestions:

1) It would be very helpful to have the unit stats either in the readme or in the pedia. I wasn't too sure about which units would be effective against the Soviets.

2) There may be a bit too much plain snow. Perhaps mix in a bit of brown, scrub or tundra. Maybe even a railroad or two (just to breakup the pure white).

3) The city on fire is a nice touch. Perhaps it would be nice to add burning and wrecked tanks and half-tracks to the battlefield too. This would add more atmosphere.

4) This would be an ideal candidate for the "Random Scenario" treatment. This way, when the player loads the scenario, he will never know from which area the main Soviet attacks will come from (either from the flanks, the sides or the front).

Overall, excellent job. This scenario will definitely make you feel under pressure.

I hope we will see more of these in the near future.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Exile
        No, I don't have MSN, Kobra.
        Ok, PM sent then. Btw, MSN is really practical, and easy to get and use, for real time chats.
        Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Ok, PM sent then. Btw, MSN is really practical, and easy to get and use, for real time chats.
          Just like AIM. Or ICQ. What a pity M$ included the MSN in the XP, forcing everybody to use their messaging network.
          "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
          "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
          The Spanish Civilization Site
          "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

The only wish I have for this scenario would be more events...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Better Late than Never...

I just found the time to play this scenario, and once again you did it Exile!

You succeeded in giving it a "desperate wargame" flavour, and it's really fun to play it!

And what I like even more: you don't need to stop sleeping for 2 month to complete a game!

Among all the big "monsters" that are released, your little "diamond" is refreshing with its limited number of units and turns!

Just one thing: using the Future Tech as a trigger for an event doesn't work in MPG, as the tech is kind of "erased" from you possessed tech list at the end of the turn so that you can research it again (though with a different number...). So once the event file reads your tech list, it just doesn't find the FT and nothing happens (I had the same problem in my Pomarj development)

So you don't get any Panzer once you discover the "Armour reinforcement" (or whatever the tech name is) tech...

PS: and it was a good time to BUMP your excellent scenario!
              Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
              Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
              POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
              LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

Thanks.

I'll see what can be done.
                Lost in America.
                "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

re:

i cant access to the spanish site for some reason.

can anyone be kind to put the direct link to the ZIP file?

thanks.

Comment

here

try this
                    Attached Files
                    Lost in America.
                    "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
                    "or a very good liar." --Stefu
                    "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

• Here's the Spanish Site's url: http://spanish.apolyton.net/

At the time of this post it was working.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

• re:

yes, i tried again later and i could join.

i dont know if this is the correct or the most updated.

@Exile: what did you want to mean, with that attach of "events.txt"

good luck.

Comment

Working...
                        X