The Spanish Civilization Site, v3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Spanish Civilization Site, v3.0

This thread is a more-or-less accurate translation of this one I posted in the SCS Forum:

------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ok, after a week of hard work ( ), I've managed to upload version 3.0 of the Spanish Civilization Site. There are still open topics, like to correct the updates tables and to upload any things (Civ2 scenarios, Carloquillo's maps for Civ3, etc.). I have also to translate into english many documents of the Civ3 Academy section.

But I'll do it another day. Now I'm going to sleep (3:33 am in Spain )

New design is very similar (but more simple) to the design that Alfonso used before for our Civ3 section, but now all the site is in the same format and interaction english/spanish is complete.

I still want to change the logo and to make a small database for Civ2 bestonet scenarios... I'll have to learn to do that.

I hope you like and enjoy the site. Remember that every opinion, document or creation will be welcome.

The Spanish Civilization Site
    Last edited by jasev; September 19, 2004, 05:48.
    "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
    "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
    "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

It looks very nice, but most of the links are broken.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Nice update!

A seriously cool site just got cooler!

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

It looks very nice, but most of the links are broken.
        Do you mean in the 'Updates' table? Yes, my fault. That file was written with the old version of the site and the links work with the old version.

I'll correct it today. Meanwhile, you can browse using our navigation bar. After all, that's its purpose.

Comment

I can only echo what Curt said.

Though to be honest (Mercator the webdesigner rears his ugly head), I think it's a pity the design is based on that of civ3.com, and while I think the top logo is just brilliant, that frame does take up a whole lot of valuable screen real estate. Not to mention the HTML doesn't validate.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Though to be honest (Mercator the webdesigner rears his ugly head), I think it's a pity the design is based on that of civ3.com
            I knew I had seen it before . But it's not my fault, Alfonso used it for the Civ3 section and when I saw it I thought it'd be fine. I honestly didn't even think in civ3.com

and while I think the top logo is just brilliant, that frame does take up a whole lot of valuable screen real estate.
            I know. I suppose I'll have to add it via SSI to every page to erase the frame.

Not to mention the HTML doesn't validate.
            To be honest, I don't care too much about that validation. My code is simple and clear, and every browser (from lynx to firefox) can display the pages. That's all I pretended.

Comment

And cheers again for the great honour the site bestowed on me...

http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Congratulations
                "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                Middle East!

Comment

Excellent work

Comment

oh, and the new avatar is nice.

Edit (I won't post a new reply, because Marg G will accuse me of spamming )

Civ 2 should be higher than Civ3, You traitors!
                    Last edited by Heresson; September 21, 2004, 06:20.
                    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                    Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                    X