Scenario idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scenario idea

Okay this is just a scenario idea, I don't know if it wil work out 100% and I WILL NOT create this scen myself. Hopefully it will inspire someone, or else this thread is in vain.

Yesterday I was thinking back on old games I used to play and I come to think of a game that's named "Havets Vargar", rougly translated to "Wolves of the sea". This old game gave me this idea.

This should take place either on the world map, or on a Baltic or Mediterranean map or something.

Each civ start with just one city, (like the Hanseatic League only starts with Lübeck) and one small trading ship. Production should be low, so trade is the only way to gain money, so you can buy more trade ships, war ships etc. You will even need a unit to capture the cities.

All city improvement should help you with trade or be naval improvements, and preferably only defencive land units (coastal batteries etc. except for the one that should capture new cities).
    Capturing new cities should be hard though, come cities could have forts etc.

If one should make this scenario, much work should be to get the trade system working, renaming goods etc. And of course, it should be for multi playing purpose.. Some barbarian pirates or other enemies should of course be included.

Well I hope I made myself clear and hopefully someone got inspired for this, or even another completely different scenario.
    "Peace cannot be kept by force.
    It can only be achieved by understanding"

Did I mention it could take place between 1500-1900?
    Of course it could take place anywhere, anytime, I'm not the one to decide..

Comment

Arrr!

A good naval mercantile/pirate scenario would be great!

Last edited by curtsibling; September 16, 2004, 14:15.
      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
      http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Yeah. I was thinkin of making one in the Caribbean region once. You were to play the pirates (like in the game Corsairs) and expand, plunder etc.

Comment

My previous "fantastical" scenario had a theme like this. You could explore to make money, trade over long distances, and fight pirates, sea monsters, etc... The key is to include fun stuff in the mix, like a sea turtle pen, or strategic resources/sea lanes. That way it won't be a camping game, but one that requires a players attention.

Comment

I voted "banana"
            Just ain't sure if it will be that fun
            "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
            Middle East!

Comment

On the other hand, I had plans of maritime scenarios as well, exactly Malta scenario, in which Your goal would be not to let the Turks invade your helpless Christian World ally. It would be a lot of navy fight.
              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
              Middle East!

Comment

Re: Scenario idea

Originally posted by Arthedain
                This should take place either on the world map ...Each civ start with just one city and one small trading ship. Production should be low, so trade is the only way to gain money, so you can buy more trade ships, war ships etc. You will even need a unit to capture the cities.

All city improvement should help you with trade or be naval improvements, and preferably only defencive land units (coastal batteries etc. except for the one that should capture new cities). Capturing new cities should be hard though, come cities could have forts etc.

If one should make this scenario, much work should be to get the trade system working, renaming goods etc. And of course, it should be for multi playing purpose.. Some barbarian pirates or other enemies should of course be included.
                gee this sound a lot like this scenario I once came across, what was it called...the Rape of Nations - well you started with three cities.
                This is a link to...The Civilization II Scenario League and this is a link to...My Food Blog

Comment

I doubt it would be the same though.

RON had many totally unique features...

We need more medieval scens around here!
                  http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                  http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Right kobayashi, though this scenario wouldn't be so much a colonial scen. Depends on what you make of it though.
                    I wish I kept the files for my pirate-scen though.. oh well, I've more interesting works now.

Comment

Working...
                    X