Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, no caravans.
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Hello.

I may be interested in this game. I will have one night a week for civ. US time, friday nights. I would like to get the classic diplo up and running again, but if that doesn't happen will be looking for a steady friday night game.
      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

oh yeah I guess I should have stated my available times

sun nite - thur nite after 8pm USA EST time

Im usually out of town friday and sat nites - at least until november

Comment

I'm interested. But I'm in a different time zone (Europe) and must work, so my involvement would depend on the timeframe.

And I like the point system

Comment

This game is planned for USA Weds or Thurs nights only Makeo. USA Fri night will be for Eurodip if it ever gets going again!

Thurs night looking most likely. Any chance Ljube and Makeo? It's your Friday morning EARLY!

OK, let's go with 12 city max and a points system for a change. Agreed on no caras to other civs.

Are you playing ozzy?
            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Nah sorry Deity. Can't make this game. I hope eurodip will get up and running again.

Comment

Are you playing ozzy?
                No, i'm just complaining from the sidelines. I've got a diplogame starting up tomorrow.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Sorry for the new UN, I got locked out of my other account for an unknown reason and tech support hasn't reactivated it yet. Go figure.

OK, so it looks like Deity, Dude, myself and hopefully llube at the moment. Let's shoot for 4 players, 5 only if we have someone dying to get in (which isn't likely).

Why don't we just set it at Thursdays 8pm US est, as the official start time, so we don't have any ambiguity.

No nukes is fine. I think a no howitzer rule would be good too, due to the simplicity that they create in city assault. Let's force new strategies.

12 city limit is a fine idea, it will make users define their territory in a new way, and ensure that city placement is well thought out. It will also force players to utilize their shields more effectively.

I think it will obviously have to be a 12 settler built city limit. We can't really penalize people for taking enemy cities over.

Why don't we just pull caravans out entirely. Again, it will encourage a quicker game, and make people think outside the box.

No alliances would be good. Perhaps no tech trading?

Perhaps a one city takeover per turn max, that way we avoid massive assaults that could take excessive amounts of time to wage. That might be too limiting I don't know.

What other things kill the game in the industrial age? Excessive units come to mind, but that should be controlled somewhat by the city limit.

I understand your reluctance about the points system DD, but the idea is that it will allow a civ to reach the high score in mutliple ways. A conqueror who takes over the world could win by sheer force alone, but a pacifist who tallies the most advances and wonders could also win. I'd guess the winner would likely have to be somewhat in the middle, but the scoring system should provide flexibility in this aspect.

With 2000 as the end date, people know exactly how long they have to get their **** together. There will be no question when the game ends. Having an end in sight is key in people keeping motivated. If 2000 is too late, perhaps we could lower as far as even 1900. Maybe 1950? I don't know, but the set end date I think is a great idea.

The goal is a game that explores all facets of civ, from ancient to modern, but is still finishable. If we set realistic expectations, we can create a game that is fast paced and exciting from the age of exploration, to the age of space.

Let's get more ideas and iron the game plan out.

Comment

Agree with most of that, including no caras for Wonder building or external trade, however internal caras are necessary and don't slow the game.

no alliances - yes
                    no tech trading - yes
                    1900 end date - yes
                    one city per turn - yes
                    no unit limit - yes
                    no nukes - yes
                    no howies - yes

deity or emp level?
                    no barbs?

We start next Thurs @ 8pm USA ?

Come on Ljube, you know you need it!
                    I'm sure Makeo is having another think
                    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP

No, i'm just complaining from the sidelines. I've got a diplogame starting up tomorrow.
                      What diplo game? NOT civ3????
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

haha, how do wonder building caras slow the game and internal trading ones not slow the game. your just eliminating the one that you don't use but keeping the one that you do. can't have it both ways.

Comment

[Caddyshack]Yes, winter rules.[/Caddyshack]

Any room?

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                            haha, how do wonder building caras slow the game and internal trading ones not slow the game. your just eliminating the one that you don't use but keeping the one that you do. can't have it both ways.

Hey, I didn't mean to link cara-wonder building with slow play! But drake said to think oputside the box and it would be good to eliminate cara-wonder building, yes?

Otherwise, I'm easy but definitely no external cara routes. That DOES slow down play.
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Dylan Baker
                              [Caddyshack]Yes, winter rules.[/Caddyshack]

Any room?
                              Definitely. You'd be welcome I'm sure.

So far only drake, deity & DD are definites. Hoping on Ljube and if that makes 5 I think that'll be perfect. Don't think we'll be getting Makeo though.
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I just had a brain wave.. it still hurts....

I'm getting inspired about this point system. We could allow multiple SS landings!

First SS to land = 30 points
                                Second = 20 points
                                Third = 15 points
                                Fourth = 10 points
                                Fifth = 5 points

This means that the 28 Wonders at 2 points each may be prioritised diferently. This allows a civ with a slower SS but more Wonders to catch up.
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X