Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

re:

hi conmcb25,

what happened to you, i saw you very active at CDG forums playing civ2 games, now that we moved to EVO, i didnt see you anymore!!! many players dissapeared

Comment

I got busy with RL and sort of dropped out for a while. Things have settled down and I got a new job.

Im probably not going to be playing CIV 2 much anymore. Things have settled down but I just dont have a lot of time for PBEM any longer.
      *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Im probably not going to be playing CIV 2 much anymore. Things have settled down but I just dont have a lot of time for PBEM any longer.
        Which about sums up what happened to just about all the civ 2 pbem players...
        No Fighting here, this is the war room!

Comment

Hey Henrik good to see you again.

Ah the days of the Boney Tourney and Beta testing Colonies IV. Those were fun days

Boney 2 still one of my all time favorite PBEM's.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Darius is dead to us. I suppose he shall never return

Comment

well... civ2 has been explored entirely now, time to move on I'm afraid
              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Bah, like a fine woman you have not yet begun exploring her.
                (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I miss having these.

Hell, Red Front and Exodus are still hanging around even.

Comment

Yeah, but the fine woman doesn't have so many lovers anymore to discuss it with
                    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Just checking in, does anyone still live down here in the cellar, behind the shelves with the forgotten jam jars, covered in cobwebs with dust undisturbed by even a rats track?

Go ahead, follow me down the stairways to..

The Dark Cellar
                      Attached Files
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I think we all pretty much went down to the dark cellar ages ago, never to return.................

Comment

There's still a small die hard group left. Not only that, new scenarios are still beeing made, and played. There's no shame in making a comeback, people. This is looking at you, con
                          Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Im actually playing Colonies III by Patient English right now SP, but my PBEM days are over in CIV II.

Heck hardly any of them ever finished..........

And that was 4 or 5 years ago.

Comment

There are still some old hands around, personaly I know at least 25-30 people who still play MP and there are some PBEM games still running.

Comment

No shame in that, con. I of all people know how much the PBEM community has declined over the years. Although, the few people still remaining are very reliable and commited to finishing the PBEMs they join.

And atawa, invite them to the PBEM forum then. We're in dire need of new blood!
                                Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Working...
                                X