I gave unit drawing a shot..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave unit drawing a shot..

I've never created any civ2-graphics before, but it would be a lie to say that I've never done any pixel art, in fact, I do such things pretty often. And today, after playing Civ2 since 1999, I gave unit making a shot.

I present to you.. Die Panzerkampfwaugen I (PzKw I)! I assure you that this is no remake of another persons work. The panzer was made totally from scratch.

The only reason I posted it here was that I wanted to know if it's good or bad, and if I should continue making units or if I should give up immediately. So, post a comment or two please. Anyway, here it is, but I think that I can improve a little more than its current state. But that will be a later task, I gotta do some garden work now.
    Attached Files

You should definately continue! Great work!
    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Thanks dude Here's an improved version of the tank.
      Attached Files

Comment

Not bad, looks like you're doing ok.

Comment

How about something other than tanks for a change!

Good job, and welcome to Apolyton.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thanks guys! Your approvals are indeed encouraging Well, I could try a footunit, but I guess that's a little harder than a tank.

Comment

Some things . . . .

Nice work, do more, what Mercator said, and next time put it in the units thread.
              Lost in America.
              "a freaking mastermind." --Stefu
              "or a very good liar." --Stefu
              "Jesus" avatars created by Mercator and Laszlo.

Comment

Yeah, I know about that thread, but first, I thought I should know if it's good enough to be published there :P

Comment

Look, if they put my horrible butchering of the standard galleon and frigate in there, then yours deserves to be golden framed
                  Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'll have a look at your ships :P Thanks by the way.

Now there's two of them.

Don't worry, I'll put them in the units thread soon. :P Unit making is quite funny I think I'll do the whole PzKpfw series. Feel free to use them (like anyone would ).
                    Last edited by AnvilFall; July 31, 2004, 19:12.

Comment

Great first shot there AnvilFall
                      http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

Thanks, oh great fairline. :P Perhaps you could give me some constructive critics? Say what I could have done better and so on..

Comment

I see a red cross...

And if you really really want to see it, it is here:

[edit:] it's 6 AM and i cant type
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Looks very good indeed!
                            http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                            http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

I downloaded the Pz I and Pz II graphics and pasted them into a scen so I could view them on a game map.

They both look super but I much prefer the lighter palette and greater contrast used on the Pz I. Although the Pz II has fantastic detail when the icon is blown up, much of the detail is lost when it is viewed on a game map.
                              Excerpts from the Manual of the Civilization Fanatic :

Money can buy happiness, just raise the luxury rate to 50%.
                              Money is not the root of all evil, it is the root of great empires.

Comment

Working...
                              X