Replacement city/terrain/icon tiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement city/terrain/icon tiles?

Are there any replacement tiles for civ2?

I've only seen mod crap and collection files. Isn't there any good sets :| There are thousands for civ3, altough it looks already pretty enough that it really doesn't need fixing.

Any ideas? I've only found reno's units which I think look better than the original ones. In fact that's the only one so far. Better terrain and cities would be especially nice

Of course I could pick and mix complete sets from the collection files I've found... but... well. I'm lazy

Edit: If you ask what's so bad with the original graphics... my answer is, that I would like to see something new. I've been watching same gfx last 8 years.
    Last edited by Ihmemies; July 24, 2004, 18:59.

Look in the Scenario League for anything like that. Many scenarios have some very nice terrain.

Comment

Argh... civ2 supports only 256color gif's... and it's also very picky with the format. Maybe I should try to get Test of Time somewhere :| But it sucks more than Multiplayer Gold Edition.

Comment

Actually it supports bitmaps too.

Comment

8-bit bitmaps

Comment

Maybe you should try Civ3, Doom 3, or maybe even Medal of Honor. I'm sure the color depth will be more to your liking...

Comment

I don't think there are a lot of mods for civ2. The only ones I know are ages old. But there are plenty of graphics all over the place...

Lazy people like me just continue on using the standard graphics.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I like Mindseye's Hi-res Civ mod - nicer units & terrain

Stu
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You can also go with FreeCiv. There's a forum for FreeCiv somewhere here.
                  (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                  (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                  (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Working...
                  X