Help with Batch File

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Batch File

Could someone please examine this batch file (which I've converted to a text file to allow it to be attached)? I followed the instructions, and even modelled it after the Red Front batch file and it won't work. Can someone please tell me why?
    Attached Files

Not sure why it doesn't work, but there are a few oddities:

The extra "@echo off" lines (apart from the first one) aren't necessary. Is there any reason you put those in?

Secondly, I don't think any of the DELEVENT lines are necessary. DELEVENT is only required if you're using multiple events files for a single scenario. It allows the old events to be replaced in the savegame. You never have to delete events from a scenario file. As far as I can tell, you simply have one events file for each of the different scenarios, that makes delevent irrelevant.

Finally, as far as I know, everything after the ":done" label is unnecessary (though the "pause" may be handy), but it doesn't really hurt either.

But I don't think any of the above should really stop it from working. Are you sure all files are in the right place? Oh, and in case you have Windows XP, do you have choice.com? And, um, what is it that isn't working?
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

The error message mentions "choice" not being valid. What is choice.com and where do I get it?

Comment

If you copied that from the RF events, then you have it in the RF folder... (or any other multiple files scenarios for that matter)

basically, you just include it as one of the files needed for the scen, on the same folder.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If you don't have it already, you can find it on this page:
          http://www.favfly.fsworld.co.uk/moria.html (the Windows XP logo at the bottom)
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X