Flags Needed...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flags Needed...Again

I was adding customized flags to some of my older scenarios (you can see that if you downloaded the new version of my 'Vietnam War' scenario; my 'Contemporary Middle East' scenario also received them, as well as an expanded Events text) and I came to a stump in my 'Mexican Revolution' scenario, which is somewhere in the depths of this forum: I have no flag for colonial New Spain itself and one for the Captaincy of Guatamala (which needs to be separate). I know I come up with some pretty obscure flags, but if Kobra, Mercator, or someone else with flag graphic-making skill is reading this, could you please help me?

I'll take a shot at it. I've found a design already which is dates at around 1521.
    Attached Files

Comment

Here's the New Spain flag and matching unit shield. I wasn't sure if you were saying you needed a Guatamalan flag too so I included some Guatamalan flags used throughout the first half of the nineteenth century along with their matching shields.

One of the Guatamalan flags is from a period when it was known as the Republic of Los Altos, I'm not sure why that was or if its was actually Guatamala with the same name but I included it anyways.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot Sarsstock, that's exactly what I've been looking for.

Comment

Sorry to bother again, but does anyone perchance have (or can create) the French Royal flag (the old one with the fleur-de-lilles)?

Comment

I think this is the one you mean, the one used between 1814 and 1830 it looks like.
            Attached Files

Comment

Thanks a lot, again. If I could, I need just two more flags and I'll be set; if you (or anyone else reading this post) could provide both a Kentucky state flag and a good Holy Roman Imperial flag (circa 1492), I'd greatly appreciate it.

Comment

Here you go my Albertan friend. The flag of the Blue Grass State and the Holy Roman Empire.
                Attached Files

Comment

@Sarsstock: nice look (and HRE flag could interest me )
                  "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Thanks a lot Sarsstock. I really appreciate the help.

Comment

No problem at all. If you ever need more flags in the future please don't hesitate to ask. I've built up a large collection and I'd love to share them with other designers.

Just out of curiosity, what scenario is the state of Kentucky flag for? That one has peaked my curiosity.

Comment

@Sarsstock: I was meaning I'll be able to use HolyRomanEmpire flag, not Kentuckian one...
                        But perhaps Kentucky's flag could be useful for a graphic update in a old scenario (in Civ2 CD, don't recall if CivilWar or 1776, I think the first one...): there was a civ called Kentuckians, so...
                        Last edited by Gagliaudo; June 24, 2004, 12:25.
                        "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

I think the Kentucky question was directed at me. I have a U.S. Civil War scenario (not the best one mind, and it took a fair share of unit graphics from the Microprose counterpart) that has the semi-independent breakaway State of Kentucky as a minor civ.

On other flags, now that you mention it, do you perchance have the Mongol Horde banner and Japanese Shogunate flags on tap (for my old Mongol scenario)? Actually a good Byzantine and medevial Persian and Egyptian flags for that scen would be mighty neighborly as well. Thanks a lot.

Comment

Well here is what I could whip up for ya. There were several Egyptian flags I understand from this desired era, as they often changed with different ruling families. The one I used in particular was used in the mid-twelth century. Note, the eagle used in the white flag is the same eagle used in the modern Egyptian flag.

The medival Persian flag features a bright sun, and later rulers often inserted animals underneath the sun, the most famous examples were a ram and later a lion.

The Byzantine flag was late 12th century, four crosses of St. George, the red squares containing yellow crosses each had four B's, one in each red corner. The white squares featured only the red cross of St. George.

I chose the banner of the Tokugawa Shogunate as a matter of personal preference. If you would prefer another families banner I would be glad to provide the appropriate one.

The Mongol banner unfortunatly is disputed as being most likely inacurate. Though the banner I used as a reference most likely was used by Mongols, its period of usage can't be agreed on.

And last but certainly not least, in an effort to improve relations between Ontario and Alberta, I have included the nobel flag of Alberta. GO OILERS!!!!

Comment

Sorry, didn't attatch the file right... here she be!!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X