No announcement yet.

Flags Needed...Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Patine: yes, exact. I didn't recall, I thought only at microprose one.

@Sarsstock: Good jobs, I like them
    Btw, where did you find Byz 11th century flags' (I mean the source). I'm really very interested.
    And... what about a late 12th century Byz flag???
    "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Here's the site I use for reference. For the most part its pretty reliable.

I'll look around for a later period Byzantine flag.

Comment

I really appreciate the help, Sarsstock. The Alberta flag is a neat bonus (it may help in a Western seccessionist scenario, if I ever deign to do one), but a few more if I could be so bold: the Mormon Republic of Desheret, the short-lived Texan Republic, the Kingdom of Hawaii (under the Kameihameihas), Imperial Mexico under Maximilian, Vedic era India, and a good Moghul flag, at about the turn of the 14th Century. I don't know if they even had flags, but early medeival Mali, Ghana, Songhai, Buganda, Kongo, and Madagascar, and the Zulu Empire at its height, if they can be found, would also be great. That should be it for a while. Sorry to ask so much, but my skill at bitmap editing frankly stinks, especially with the fine detail of flags. Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry to forget these three (and to ask so much) but I kind of need medieval Nubia and Ethiopia in that African bunch too, as well as good Qin and Ming Dynasty Chinese flags. All of the other flags are perfect. Thanks a lot for your help.

Comment

Sorry, Sarsstock, but just two more flags and I'll be set (Ireally do hate to be a pest): the Yamato Imperial banner and Vasco da Gamma's African expeditionary flag. If you could, I'd be much obliged. Thanks again.

Comment

Truly sorry, but I do need just two more (I promise this time it's the last two) but 18th Century Korea and a good Swahili flag (the city-state hardly matters). I really am good after that. I appreciate your help. Thanks!

Comment

@Sarsstock: Thanx 4 link , I'll give maaany looks there...
                Last edited by Gagliaudo; June 28, 2004, 16:45.
                "Dilexi iustitiam, odivi iniquitatem, propterea morior in exilio" [PAPA GREGORIUS VII +1085] - ("He amado la justicia, he odiado la iniquidad, por eso muero en exilio") - ("I loved justice, I hated unfairness, that's why I die in exile") - (J'ai aimé la justice, j'ai détesté l'iniquité, c'est pourquoi je meurs en exil") - ("Ich liebte Gerechtigkeit und hasste Ungerechtigkeit, deshalb sterbe ich im Exil")

Comment

Actually, I'm just "flagging-up" all my currently extant scenarios. That's why I need so many flags. I don't normally try to be a pest.

Comment

Originally posted by Patine
                    I don't normally try to be a pest.
                    Hey, man, no doubt about this
                    Restyling scenarios graphics is quite make them reborning, IMHO, so:

Comment

I'll get to work on those flags ASAP. I'd be curious to see a Western seccessionist scenario, let me know if you ever need help making that one. There already is a great Mormon Deseret flag out there which I will provide you with in my next flag post.

Comment

Thanks a lot, Sarsstock, I really appreciate the help. As for a Western seccessionist scenario, I'll let you know on any ideas I have. Domo arigato, as the Japanese say.

Comment

Well, I've had afew days now to look for those flags and I have to say they're not as easy to find as I thought. Especially those medival African flags. Now I'm by no means the leading expert on flag history, but my guess would be that many of those flags simply aren't recorded online as of yet. They might only exist in a dusty old history book somewhere in the middle east or Africa.

Later today I'll post what I was able to find, sorry for comming up short.

Comment

That's quite alright; I've asked quite a bit already. Any you could find would be great. But I just could use two more that are likely far easier to find: Louis Riel's Metis Red River flag and Ethiopia's flag under Haille Selassie I. I would be willing to wait a bit for these ones though. Thanks greatly!

Comment

P.S. Who are you voting for today? I'm voting NDP myself (despite the fact I live in Conservative-dominated Alberta).

Comment

Wow!! A New Democrat in Alberta, talk about the 8th Wonder of the World. As for me I'm a red blooded liberal and have been my whole life. I don't diagree with the New Democrat's platform per say, I just have problems with their national leadership.

Whoever we vote for though, odds are we'll be voting again in less than a year, as minority governments don't last.

Comment

Working...
                                X