Civ2 scenario packs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ2 scenario packs

I own legal copies of both the historical conflicts (can't remember its actual name, whatever it was it sucked, most of the scens are boring) scenario pack and the Fantastic Worlds pack which ruled, but I can't find either of the anymore. A few months ago I got a new computer and don't have them installed on it, but I recently found my Civ2 disk and installed that...

Anyway, what I'm trying to get at is whether there's anywhere I can download the packs for free. Since I own them legally already I shouldn't have to pay for them again, and they're probably abandonware now anyway... any ideas?

Unfortunately none of the Civ titles have been 'abandoned' so I fear you cannot fulfill your desires legally.
    The first 'add-on' was CiC - Conflicts in Civilisation, the second as you rightly say Fantastic Worlds.
    Be warned - the Moderators of this site take a dim view of threads suggesting such activities and whatever may be our private views this is a private site and the Owners can and do set the rules by which we behave.
    Welcome, come on in and enjoy, but we can't help you with this query.

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Why would you need these scenarios if you didn't rate them the first time round? All of the Best on Net scenarios from the two expansion discs are available on the net (obviously ), and they're the only ones I ever play. Go to the Scenario League (like the Lullaby League, but not as scary) here, and ask what they would recommend in the areas that interest you. Both 'poly and CFC have a wide range of scenarios available to download, so have a look around on the net and forget about the discs.

Comment

I'm pretty sure these aren't abandoned, since they are included in the Multiplayer Gold Edition, along with MP, and that's still being sold for cheap.
        Any man can be a Father, but it takes someone special to be a BEAST

I was just about to point out that Horsie is simply making excuses in advance for why he will suck at Civ III...
        ...but Father Beast beat me to it! - Randomturn

Comment

Re: Civ2 scenario packs

)
          Originally posted by WCH
          any ideas?
          Apart from the CiC and FW series, there are also many very good scenarios created by the community.
          Have a look here:

(please let me know if you manage to beat one of my records ).
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Good site lafayette.. I like the short descriptions of the scenarios
            Quite easy to pick the scenarios that interest me most!
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Check out the CDG forums, they have most of the good scenarios, as does the CSC here at apolyton.
              Calling all Designers, the SL CivGroup is open for business!

Comment

The problem he'll have the most trouble with is that 99.99% of the good scenarios require at LEAST Fantastic Worlds. I'd say you're only option is to buy Multiplayer Gold Edition

Comment

or buy FW and Download the MGE patch.

Comment

Download the patches available at Civfanatics and then search on the net.

The themes of the CiC scenarios have all been remade, some more than once, and all better. Just browse the Spanish Civ2 Site, Civfanatics and Scenario League, and you'll find something to suit your needs for sure.
                    Follow the masses!
                    30,000 lemmings can't be wrong!

Comment

As SG said, you are not allowed to discuss such illegal matters on this site.

Your best bet would be buying MGE.
                      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
                      X