Axis & Allies: European Front Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Axis & Allies: European Front Beta

This is my latest effort for the community: A classic WW2 scenario, starting on 1 September 1939, ending in August 1945.

The nations: Germany, Italy, France, Great Britain (& later the US) and the Soviet Union.

The map: Borrowed from John Ellis' Bonaparte II.

Have fun! And report everything!

EDIT: Added that bloody *.scn file
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jim panse; March 17, 2004, 10:13.

Files Part 2
    Attached Files

Comment

And to make some appetite ... the title which will be included in the release version! Another outstanding work by sarsstock!
      Attached Files

Comment

And a little screenie ...

1 September 1939, 4:45 CET: The Wehrmacht is ready to attack Poland
        Attached Files

Comment

Steph know what it would be really cool?

If you had actually included the scenario file in the zip.

Looking good at first sight i must admit.
          Last edited by Palaiologos; March 17, 2004, 07:25.
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

And i am glad you ignored that pompus Brit's choice of Mk1 helmets for the Greek army.
            "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Erm, when I run the .bat file there isn't showing up a .scn file, HOW ON EARTH CAN I PLAY THE SCEN?!
              Greetz, Ramses

Comment

WOW!

Looks damned good, Jim!

Please fix the scn file!
                http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
                http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Ok pals, the zipped files are updated now! Enjoy

Comment

At last someone had the idea to make a civ2 scen about WW2! (sorry, couldnt resist being ironic)

nice pic

Comment

That's not irony, that's sarcasm.
                      -rmsharpe

Comment

you are absolutely right!

"and isnt it ironic, dont you think?"

Comment

Okay first impressions.

1.Units are extremelly powerful on the defence.Main reason is the stackable terrain.Most units have 6a 6d but that actually translates into 6a9d due to the forts.Its easier to kill units in cities than in open ground!
                          The invasion of Poland turned from a walk in the park to a nightmare!

IMO all unit's def should be lowered by 2(so a 4d would actually be 6d).

2.The objective count is wrong.

3.The intro prompts to a readme file but alas i couldn't find any...

4.The background gfx is too dark.Coupled with the black letters makes reading the events etc. difficult.

Comment

I definetively agree with the units having too low attack and the background being too dark.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, Pericles! I am releasing this because it is a beta version, not the release one.

* I will change the pop-up background colour!

* I had no problems attacking & destroying Poland. Maybe you should take a look into your general´s offices I will change the unit stats though

* What´s the problem with the Objective count?

Comment

Working...
                              X