Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm not a celebrity but get me out of there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not a celebrity but get me out of there!

Back again, no more virus problems but cannot start playing because "commctrl.dll" and "dciman.dll" files are missing.
    Is out there someone of you who can understand what's going on and get me out of there (even if I'm not a celebrity )?

Awaiting... still in the cage
    googol... this is a number!
    "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
    "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

IIRC, those files let your 32bit XP system run 16bit programs, which I think includes Civ. Probably, they were deleted by the virus, or were overwritten by some other program.

Do a google search. There are sites that have .dll files to d/l. Or go to Windows site and search for .dll files.

Someone asked about this previously, I think. Hopefully they will respond if there is a better fix for your situation.

Good luck.

Monk
    so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

You might also try posting a "post-virus computer help needed" thread in the OT. Some very enthusiastic nerds over there...
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Someone definitely asked that same question very recently...

Here... You basically just need to download those two files (links are in the thread):
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

free... @ least!

I'll be able to play now! Time to dance now!!!
          Thanks Mercatore!

googol... this is a number!
          "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
          "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Working...
          X