Noob wants to mod Civ II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noob wants to mod Civ II

Hi folks... I've been reading a lot about Civ II and have finally aquired the multiplayer gold edition.

I'm excited about learning how to play, but is there a good mod I can install to make it look slightly less awful? I don't want to change the gameplay at all, and yes - i'm being superficial.

Any advice will be appreciated
    Last edited by Eeargy; March 13, 2004, 15:38.

Does Civ2 look awful?

I don't think there are any ready-to-go graphics-only mods out there. But it shouldn't be too hard to find some nice graphics and fix it yourself.

You can head over to the "scenario league/civ2 creation" forum for a bunch of threads filled with great graphics. And I think there are some graphics at csc.apolyton.net as well.

I'm not sure there are very many recent graphics downloads though, so you may need to download some scenarios and "rip" the graphics from there... Oh, but speaking of scenarios, you may also find some better-looking graphics in the scenarios that come with MGE itself.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Personally I love Minds Eyes's Hi-res Civ which you can get from the directory here.

Stu
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Working...
      X