Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eurodip 2004 - Classical; and through the ages!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok

other changes that need dealing with before Friday:

Explosives are coming up.. Terraforming deserts, hills, or mountains is not permitted (perhaps even plains). We’ve got wayyy too much African space and map integrity to preserve without *ing around with size 30+ hubs suddenly available for settlement. Ljube, what’s Rah’s formula for subtracting 100g from a civ without edit? A few other changes - the group needs to hash these out pretty quick:

-Destroyers upped to 5/5, or at least 5/4. We’re going to have them all game, so why not make a semi effective, low cost sea patroller instead of a (barely) glorified ironclad
    -Dreadnought down to 7/7. Way, way, way too powerful at refining. Do they go obsolete by Automobile?

Comment

Originally posted by Zylka
      Raz, good to have you with us. Paste your above and future in game responses to this thread:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&goto=lastpost
      sorry zylka though this was a diferent game to ozzys diplo ...

will do that ....
      GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Pre-modern rule review. New rules text tommorrow

- Emperor level, 1x1x
        - Tech paradigm set at 15/10
        - No huts
        - Civ specific unit cost advantages and start techs were not included
        - Unit bribery allowed, city bribery not
        - All exploits listed in Rah rules prohibited
        - Tech trading & stealing allowed
        - Maximum 8 total foreign trade routes allowed; divided in any decided ratio amongst receiving partners
        - Money trade available when setting tax to 0 first on both sides. Monitor any mistakes for edit
        - Diplomats cost increased to 60
        - Pikeman flag added to Legions
        - Destroyer stats increased to 5/5
        - Dreadnought stats lowered to 7/7
        - Engineer/settler form change of mountains, hills, deserts, swamps and plains prohibited. Plains may be grown into forests as exception

Comment

Start time in an hour, perhaps a little later tonight. Markus may be finding a sub. Dylan, what's your deal?

Comment

I'm here, buddy.

Comment

Alright - as far as I'm concerned, the point of this session is to construct a strong position for Greece for our next COMMITTED member. At bare minimum - that means a peace that won't needlessly drain her resources through attrition; and that peace also comes at a defined minimum of withdrawing from Carthaginian cities for whatever trade.

We're not playing a half session so someone who hasn't even been committed in the past can push their luck with the Civ and hope for the best - not fearing the consequences of myself and Deity as*raping the near isolated Athens by next session (as they obviously won't even be there)

In other words: I'm not f*cking around with flake after substitute flake who want to hold the game hostage by demanding ridiculous terms in threatening a Civs' destruction and lack of attraction for future player(s). Do as you must for peace in independent, DIPLOMATIC bargaining. Yet if I don't see it by my turn, I'm done for the night. I'll save at Spain, and the rest of you can decide what to do from there

J

Comment

why does there have to be peace?
                Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

one last try..

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                    why does there have to be peace?
                    more basic terms:

If you can find a player who will STICK THROUGH for Greece regardless of what goes wrong for them in denying peace - then let's war. I'm all for battle as long as it's not to watch someone go "oh well. It didn't work, Greece is now officially f*cked - and hasn't a chance in the furture. At least I'M not playing again"

Comment

yeah i agree. we need to get a regular player.
                      Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

I think the problem Friday was with my system, Windows bug. Time to reformat :|

Comment

So, are we still on for Friday?

Comment

Re: ok

Originally posted by Zylka
                            other changes that need dealing with before Friday:

Explosives are coming up.. Terraforming deserts, hills, or mountains is not permitted (perhaps even plains). We’ve got wayyy too much African space and map integrity to preserve without *ing around with size 30+ hubs suddenly available for settlement.
                            IMHO I think this is a bit restrictive. It's not as though you can do wholesale terraforming in civ. And in my case with so few cities I would like this option. I was expecting to be able to do it from the start and is tied in with my big city strategy. It's more interesting if some civs don't simply chase a large number of cities in great land areas.
                            "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

We need Ljube as a b/u host which means he has to go to work at 3 am
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Well, gentlemen, this is an all too familiar scene. I doubt I am alone in saying there are more productive things to be doing on Friday nights.

The problem is not the past players for Gaul and Greece. The problem is that we dont worry about finding a player to fill those spots until 15 minutes before the game starts. Sorry to say this, but once 8:30 EST rolls around and we are short, we aint going to get the game started.

Lets make this week one for recruiting. Take some time and sell this game to a reliable player or two, and not just on Friday. We are going to have to WORK to get this game rolling again.

Comment

Working...
                                X