Overriding sound?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overriding sound?

I know that the rules.txt is supposed to let you specify sound files, but I have not been able to get this to work properly.

I overwrote the Archers entry with a Jet Fighter unit, but it refused to use the new sound file I specified.

What's wrong? My sleek new Jet Fighters are now firing arrows! In the immortal words of Alexander the Great:

"WTF!"
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Hmm... two days and 10 views later, and still no responses.

I guess I must have screwed up pretty bad, huh?
    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

I thought others could be more helpful than me, but apparently not... Did you change it for the original game or for a scenario you're making?

The only thing I can think of is you used the wrong directory. You either edited the rules.txt in the main folder rather than the game/scenario subfolder, or you put the new sound in the main folder rather than the game/scenario subfolder (or both)...

Then again, you're obviously seeing the fighter unit (with the right name and stats, I presume), so it can't be the rules... Right, damnit... And even if the sound's in the main sound folder it would work.

Um... Did you put the sound in any sound subfolder? Or did you perhaps simply make a typing error?
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
        Hmm... two days and 10 views later, and still no responses.

I guess I must have screwed up pretty bad, huh?
        only we true ToT-fans come to this forum anymore.

Mercator is God when it comes to this stuff.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
          Mercator is God when it comes to this stuff.
          As my previous, perfectly clear and well thought-out post shows.
          But I appreciate your support.
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X