I need help to play a new scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help to play a new scenario

Hi people! I’m from Spain, I’m new here and Civilization II is still one of my favourite games . However I have a few problems with the new scenario Iron Eagle; it crashes constantly. In the readme file says that Gold Edition is needed and I have the Ultimate Classic Collection, is the Gold Edition posterior to the UCC? If so, is there a path for upgrade? Thanks in advance .

UCC is the european equivalent of MGE - but not quite the same - my workaround was to get Julius Brenzaida's 'No Limits' patch and apply it - this as well as allowing the generation of giga Maps brings UCC fully compliant with MGE (I believe)

Stu
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If you have Civ 2 Classic and need to upgrade to MGE but can't afford to buy another copy (available over eBay), then visit CFC and have a look in their Civ 2 Downloads section for a very useful utility that will allow you to use the scenarios you want to play on the version of Civ 2 that you already have.

[edit] Oops - it's the Euro MGE you have, not Civ 2 Classic. Thanks SG. [/edit]

Comment

Have you installed the patch?
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Many thanks to everybody, it seems to work now. Mercator, I had indeed to install the 1.3 upgrade. I made also a mistake in my previous post; it was not Iron Eagle but Atomic Eagle.Btw SG, the non-limits patch seem very interesting, I downloaded it from this Apolyton site but there is nothing in it or the file is damaged, do you know other place where I can download it?

Comment

Try CFC.

(the link's in my post)

Comment

Working...
            X