No announcement yet.

SpriteGen 2 teaser/release thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two! fortress graphics. Well, I'll be buggered. Apologies to Boco.
    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

None of my 640 pixel sprites show anything when fortified.
      I didn't look 64 pixels below the unit key in the shift-x view.
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I tested a little more to see if perhaps there was a convenient "bug" that would make the fortress appear in the right place, but alas! I do know now that a unit height of -2147483584 works the same as 64 though... Not that that makes any difference, but I thought I'd throw a few numbers around.

So... Should I still keep the possibility of lowering the shield? I guess I should, although adding a note about the graphical consequences would be helpful (whenever I ever actually continue working on SpriteGen ).

By the way, if the fortify graphic forms a problem, it might be an idea to turn it into some sort of marker (like the shield or flags in El Aurens) rather than something that should actually resemble a fortress.

I'm not sure how that would be possible with the fortress graphic though.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

So... Should I still keep the possibility of lowering the shield?
          Yes, keep it in! Seriously, it's not a major problem in my book. I really like how the shorter units reduce unit clutter in areas crawling with units.

Currently, I'm adjusting the y setting for Fortified to fit a 55 pixel high unit. The shorter ones, I'll increase to 55. The taller ones...well they'll dig in a little deeper. Need to think a little on making an icon that can handle different heights. The marker is a good idea. EA's fortress is already a small symbol.

Does ToT have a shade in city.bmp that converts to the owning civ's color? IIRC, red (rgb=FF0000) did it for MGE, and I miss it. Case once made me a few slick airbase icons whose tents ToT displayed in garish red. Uh-oh, I just realized I need to check how my units look on airbases, too.
          El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

I'm pretty sure there's no mask color in the cities.bmp.

Oh, and airbases (or any of the other tile improvements) aren't affected by the above, because units always appear on top of them, not under them.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Boco
              I didn't look 64 pixels below the unit key in the shift-x view.
              Hey, I didn't look 768 pixels above my fortress graphic. Who's the goose?
              Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Working...
              X