WIP: How Few Remain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIP: How Few Remain

I was reading Harry Turtledove's "How Few Remain" over Christmas, and decided that it would make a really good scenario. So, here are a few screenshots of what I've done so far:

Jeb Stuart and his men move into annex Sonora from Mexico in the incident which starts the war.
    Attached Files
    STDs are like pokemon... you gotta catch them ALL!!!

Some of the units in the scenario. Most are the extremely talented work of Fairline.
    Attached Files

Comment

My current progress:

rules.txt 100%
      units.bmp 95% (for some reason the initials of the artist in the corner keeps on getting deleted - so I'll have to re-insert these before release)
      cities.bmp 100%
      icons.bmp 90%
      terrain1.bmp 100%
      terrain2.bmp 100%
      people.gif 100%
      events.txt 0%
      scenario file 25%
      pedia.txt 0%

Comment

If any of you have any comments, suggestions, criticisms etc. please let me know.

Wow! I just noticed I finally made it to Prince!

When something like that matters to you I guess its time to admit you're spending too much time on Apolyton.

Comment

very cool....i have been about 85% done on the World War I part that continues after HFR...but have always had computer troubles crop up before I could finish. NICE!

Comment

I always thought a Turtledove novel would be a perfect Civ2 scen. Best of luck, should be great!

Comment

Looks groovy, any icons/people.gifs needed, gimme a shout!
              http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.php?title=Home
              http://totalfear.blogspot.com/

Comment

Thanks guys!

Curt, I really appreciate your generous offer. As you can tell from this people.gif, there is no shortage of your fantastic work in the scenario!

Comment

Hmmm... didn't attach. I'll try again.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks very nice!

Do you want to fill in the common man on the story for this scen? Anything alternative history or a regular American Civil war scen?
                    Last edited by Eivind IV; January 17, 2004, 10:36.
                    Find my civ2 scenarios here

Ave Europa, nostra vera Patria!

Comment

Its about time!!!

All I can say is its about time somebody made a scenario based on the amazing "GREAT WAR" series starting with How Few Remain. Are you using the new North American Gigamap or another North American map?

Do you plan on making the other books in the series into scenario's? Do you need someone to design a title screen? I'm a pretty decent title screen designer if your interested.

Comment

Re: Its about time!!!

Originally posted by Sarsstock
                        I'm a pretty decent title screen designer if your interested.
                        I can vouch for that

Our_man: This looks very interesting. I've never read Harry Turtledove but I've seen scenarios based on his work at CivFan (?). For the benefit of Turtledove novices like myself, would you mind giving a brief storyline for this? It's presumably based on an alternate-reality WW1 timeline where the US Civil War never happened?

Question about the units: you have the CSA men uniformed as WW1 Brits and the US men uniformed as they were in the Civil War; is this what Turtledove intended or is it just lack of appropriate unit graphics? If you give me some idea what you're after I may be able to knock something out which is more appropriate.

Good luck with the scenario
                        http://sleague.apolyton.net/index.ph...ory:Civ2_Units

Comment

One little note..

..... one thing though, the coolent towers in the terrain icon look a bit out of place for the 1880's, maybe you could replace them with coal burning smokestacks. Other than that it looks awsome!!

Comment

Answer to Fairline

Although I haven't read How Few Remain I have read the six books that followed in the series so I can sum up what happens in How Few Remain.

The Civil War did indeed happen but it was the south that won. They won in part to better luck on the battlefield and European intervention. Its now the 1880's, and the CSA is ready to expand their empire. It just so happens the Emperor of Mexico (Maximillian I believe) is looking for some cash for the country he has bankrupted.

The CSA therefore agree's to purchase the states of Sinora and Chihuahua (forgive my spelling). The US sees this CSA expansion as unexeptable and declares war. That in short is the history behind How Few Remain.

Comment

Working...
                            X