Allies heal your units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allies heal your units?

I remember reading several times that if I tried to move my injured units into allied units, they would heal. I've tried moving into a city and, I'm pretty sure, a unit, but couldn't discern any improvement in health. Is this just another urban myth?

The unit that CAPTURES a enemy city will be fully healed, however I don't think just trying to move into an allie's city will do anything, except initiate an attack by that unit on the city.
    Wizards sixth rule:
    "The only sovereign you can allow to rule you is reason."
    Can't keep me down, I will CIV on.

Comment

Moving units into an allied city heals them.

Comment

You only heal partially, and you don't actually move into the city, of course. Moving into allied units doesn't do anything.

The unit will heal by 1/10 of the total amount of hitpoints. So, an armour will gain 3 hitpoints, a warrior only 1, Unless it needs less than that to heal completely, of course.

You should hear a little sound when you do it, the same sound you get when you rushbuy something.

In Test of Time, you'll even get a pop-up.

Finally, FavouredFlight used this feature in his Fellowship of the Ring scenario to simulate Athelas (a healing plant, in case you haven't read LOTR). He did it by placing several allied cities that looked like flowers along the way.

That's all the interesting facts I can come up with.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Mercator - thanks for the info. Does it work for boats? I'm playing MGE, and I do get a popup, but it says something along the lines of "you're allied to this civ, and can't share a square with his units/cities".

Comment

Nope, only land units.

The pop-up says "The XXX have helped to repair our YYY." (I only have ToT at the moment, but it's probably the same in MGE). Your unit won't be able to move for the rest of the turn either.
            Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

I agree with atawa: a land unit sent into an allied city is healed (and I am sure this is not TOT, because I haven't installed TOT ).
              Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
                I agree with atawa: a land unit sent into an allied city is healed (and I am sure this is not TOT, because I haven't installed TOT ).

Comment

[QUOTE] [SIZE=1] Originally posted by La Fayette sorry double post

Comment

that's right!
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

If you try to move into an allied unit, the game won't let you, and you'll get a mesage about not attacking allies. Moving into a city will not only heal you partially, but the game treats your unit as not having moved in the previous turn, no matter how far you traveled. Thus your unit heals (partially) twice.
                      I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                      I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

If your unit is seriously wounded, "touch" an allied city for some turns, and the healing will be pretty fast.
                        There are no silly questions - only silly answers
                        <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

Comment

Working...
                        X