Getting rid of the ToT sprites *sigh*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting rid of the ToT sprites *sigh*

Yes, I know it's an old question. On my previous computer, I had managed to shunt the .spr files somewhere, which had allowed me to load modpacks with different units files...

Anyway, long story short, I've forgotten the trick to this. I created a second ToT install on my new PC and removed all the sprites from it, but somehow, they keep popping up.

Any tips? A cursory search of this forum and the Creation forum didn't turn up anything.
    "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
    "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Create a sprite holding folder for each of the original, fantasy, and sci-fi games. Put all the sprites for each one, including the resource and static sprites, in the appropriate folder. Also, once the game is started, open "graphic options" and make sure that the "animated units" and "animated terrain" boxes are not selected.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Thanks... I had forgotten to remove the resource.spr and static.spr files. Come to think of it, I could probably have kept the resource.spr files, but I should have realized the static.spr files were the obvious problem
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

never forget the first time i played a scenario, it was about WW2, and the map was covered with Frigates, kestrels, etc, till I realized i needed to move aside the sprites. I created a file that i called "safe place for sprites" so i wouldnt lose track of them.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

With scenarios you don't have to move anything. If you do, the creator was being lazy.

You can disable all sprites with the cheat menu. That won't work for modpacks though...
          Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
          X