This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VetLegion
    I read the whole thing. Good job overall and parts 6-6.2.3 are especially good and needed

Btw.,

This requires a great deal of trust by a player to give up control over his game, but the payoff in enjoyment is great. Be careful how the election is handled however. Ballot stuffing and election fraud is as possible in diplogames as in the real world. In History of the World 2 when the Mongol player (me) held an election, the Australian player (Deity) used multiple log-ins to manipulate the results and elect who he wanted.

Did he admit this, or are you just insinuating?
    It's a bit of an exageration but as in the real world my civ role did participate in some election-engineering
    "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
    *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I have reposted the DiploFAQ in the Civ3-PBEM forum in hopes of drumming up interest in playing diplogames in Civ3. Lets hope some are interested.

If it takes, then at some point I (or hopefully someone else) will add updates to the DiploFAQ to reflect the many innovations and updates in Civ3. I am certain the diplogenre will grow with the addition of Civ3 games. Version 2.0 however, will remain here unchanged for the benefit of Civ2 players.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

In your dreams ozzy!

Civ2 Diplo MP takes forever and hardly ever finishes - god knows how long it would take in Civ3!!
        *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

with a few mods to the rules, diplo in civ3 would actually be the best..

ill have a look thru and try and see if i can mod it enough for civ3..

We will need someone to do the modding of the bix file to get a diplo up and running i civ , your quite welcome to join diety and see the comparison.

In my short experience i have found more MP games finish in civ3 than civ 2.
          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Raz, start doing some diplo-recruiting in the Civ3-PBEM forum. I posted the DiploFAQ and it promptly dropped like a rock, with no one posting in it. You've played some, and know some people.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

I don't think Diplo in Civ3 will ever happen ozzy
              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

me thinks diplo may be dead too deity... pity that the usual suspects from civ2 didnt move to civ3...

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                  I don't think Diplo in Civ3 will ever happen ozzy
                  Its happening. Sorta. There was a small flurry of interest in it over at the Civ3-PBEM forum. I started up a game, and soon realized that PBEM is the dumbest, most mind numbingly boring way to play civ imaginable, so I dropped out of the game. But they are still gonna continue, and there is another game or two going over there as well.

Comment

pbem is ok as long as you have a few going at same time , keeps a coupla turns a day that way.

Comment

I wish I understood Civ3's modding capabilities the way I understood civ2's.

Civ3 does solve alot of the problems that civ2 had as far as making a tech leader the undeniable victor of a game, even with just a small unit lead.

Also the corruption model inspires diplomacy, because a good ally is better than conquest in certain areas when you get right down to it.

These are painful lessons civ2 taught many of us in serveral games.

I've had civ3 for years now and I haven't played a single multiplayer game, or modded it even once....so I can't exactly be the force I used to be, but since I have now risen in power in my job, (I'm the manager now MUWAHAHA) I could guarentee a certain day off a week, if you wanted to try and creative a civ3 diplo game. I would have to go out and get conquests, since I hear that variant is much superior to the other 2, but otherwise I would be willing if there seemed like there was interest, even for a test run between 4 or 5 of us on a small map.

Comment

Well I've got a map and mod all set and ready to go. You, me, Raz, and Ljube could start something. Its tough getting new people though, as they all shun MP. Check out the Civ3-MP thread to see our laborious attempt to get a game started.

Comment

With my new job (promotion) i will have every weekend off now , so providing i can get Gfs ok i should be able to finally commit to a set time too.

Comment

Keep me in the loop ozzy. I might give it a go. It's be ridiculous to say that we'd done so much Civ2MP and not even tried Civ3MP!
                            *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

And now that I'm the President of Australia (promotion) I can pretty much play most time slots...
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by deity
                                And now that I'm the President of Australia (promotion) I can pretty much play most time slots...

hmmmm me thinks he making fun of us !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X