X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any thoughts of a Civ4 Diplogame?
    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Bwahaha. I can't believe they developed 4 already. I guess it just goes to show what everyone was saying about 3. ^_^

Maybe....maybe...

Comment

I'm all for it. Need to get the game first.

Comment

4 (or so I hear) has a lot of options for allied civs playing MP. I think that would be huge for diplogames. You can even move your units into a friendly city and defend for them. Plus you share research, and many other cool things.

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Well the reason Civ3MP would have been good (and maybe civ4 also) was that alot of the "cheap" tricks needed to succeed in our little diplo groups were fading away. Growth was more steady rather than expodental with the WLTKD, and combat was moving way from the "who ever attacks first wins" rail road blitz. Critial mass was very important in 3, with your stack of death, where production capacity was king in civ2 (rush build max tax, stacks die in one battle)...

So I'll check out 4 and see if its any good it may be...

Comment

Railroads only provide 8 movement points (not unlimited), units are fairly balanced. A stack of death can be brought down by collateral damage caused by catapults. I think there are many improvements.

And there are new changes with Civ4 to cut down on ICS, so expansion isn't as quick and feverish as civ2.

Comment

Hey

What's up guys?

You probably aren't checking this thread anymore, seeing as how its been around seven months since anyone has. But in the event that someone does check it out I've been reading all of our posts from HOTW2 and thinking how much fun that was while it lasted, or at least until it started getting ridiculous towards the end with all the arguments.

But anyway, I'd just like to say that I got my room-mate into Civilization 3, which I have been playing myself (and I mean myself, as in not against any human players). We're planning on getting CivIV and I was just wondering if any of you still play or will be moving on to the next game.

Again, I'm sure nobody really checks here anymore but in the event that you do; reply.
                ------------
                Ming blows, I'll change this when I have some time on my hands.

Peace!

RIP Bradley James Nowell

Comment

Hi Capo... I just got Civ 4 and it's great. Check out the Civ4 forums. It's much more of a diplo game out of the box than Civ2. I'm mostly posting in the Civ4 Aussie group thread. We should get an international diplo going in Civ4 sooner or later
                  "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                  *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

I'd be interested - as soon as I can get the damn thing running on my computer. I will be moving up to XP, which is what tech support said the problem is, next week. I'll probably want a little time to learn the game before I jump into a diplo game. Anyways, keep me in mind.

P.S. - Good to see that you are alive Old Friend

Comment

Good on ya DD

WE need a diplo game with two Gods
                      "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                      *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Ok, after spending waaay too much fricken time working on it today, I've finished what I think is a good, fun, balanced map for Civ4 diplogames. I've posted some details on the map (but not the map itself) over in our thread in the Civ4-MP forum.

Comment

Here is the map (without resources).

Just change the extension from ".sav" to ".Civ4WorldBuilderSave"

Starting positions aren't set yet.
                          Attached Files

Comment

btw, is anyone planning on attending the Apolyton conference next summer? I think I'll do a workshop on Diplogaming. If Capo is interested, we could do the workshop jointly. (or anyone else that is in the area or plans on attending)

Info:

Comment

Well after two failed attempts to get a diplo going in Civ4, I think we've finally pulled it off. We are 5 weeks in and this has all the markings of a legendary diplogame.

Its added to the list in the FAQ, its History of the World V: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=148492

This is the biggest diplogame to ever be attempted. Civ2 of course had a hardcoded limit of 7 players, and this game has NINE. Of course its difficult for all of us to be around at the same time each week, last week was the first all 9 players played a session. But the game is fantastic so far. Lots of new players too.

Viva las Diplogames!!

I think we can accomodate a 2nd game too, so if anyone is interested in starting up HOTW6, say so here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=150335

Probably once HOTWV gets done I'll have some time (and civ4 experience) to do an update of the DiploFAQ that includes new information and experience from Civ4. Look for that over in the Civ4-MP forum several months from now.

Comment

I updated the list of diplogames. Lots of good ones from Civ4 to make note of. The tradition is still strong.

Comment

Working...
                                X