Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was totattaly surpsied at the number of diplo games there has been. I thijnk the reason that HOTW2 went so long and lasted till almost the end, was that it had a lot of the Experienced Diplo players in the game, dont mean that because they experienced they good palyers, just that they have experienced the style.

Once this game HOTW4 is over I am defiantly moving on over to civ3 MP. I hope some of this loyal diplo group will give it a go. It totally different is civ3 so would take some time to learn it but I hope that we can get a game in...
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Hmmm....

I thought I had a new technical innovation that allowed ships to refuel and planes to carry cargo. Now it seems more kinks need to be worked out. Stay tuned for refinements (or possibly deletion) of section 7.8
      Last edited by OzzyKP; November 19, 2003, 11:20.
      Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

me likes the idea of needing to refuel the modern ships once they rely on engines no sails or rowing. that would make the navy more realsitic

Comment

Originally posted by OzzyKP
          Hmmm....

I thought I had a new technical innovation that allowed ships to refuel and planes to carry cargo. Now it seems more kinks need to be worked out. Stay tuned for refinements (or possibly deletion) of section 7.8
          Interesting notion. You mean by creating ships and planes with helicopter ´abilities´?
          Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I think I've tried that before in a ww2 scenario....I had german submarines that had the range value entered in so they could cruise for x turns before having to return to port. But in the end I think the range figure didn't exactly have the effect I wanted. What exactly did your experiment come up with Ozzy?

Comment

When I tried, the ship's moves counted down that first turn, and then next turn its' ranged moves reset. So it showed the number but the range had no affect at all. I don't get it. But if you wanna discuss this, go discuss it here: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=102001

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

merciless bump @@@@@@

to keep this near top....

Comment

Update

I added 7.8 on flag, name, and city customization.

Comment

one point to reaaly stress is the subs ozzy. to make diplo work you need subs and they have to know diplo style to take over. a normal civ2 player will get bored with just playing a session and this will create its own tensions in game. hotw2 was almost ruined a few times by subs, and even the latest hotw 4 has taken a big hit to the diplo style by latest session. i also beleive subs should never do more than one civ throughout game , can be temtpoing to setup first civ to attack with second.

Fortuantly i managed to undo the damge done by my sub before he attacked me.

I left strict instruction to build defence and he did none, he elft me exposed near his next civ and tryed t ouse that agaisnt me. forutnalty i was able to survive his inept first attack and the game will now return to order.

Comment

and i am member number one of the diplo group

Comment

Thanks for the civgroup Mark.

And the DiploFAQ is topped too. Thanks Ming.

Comment

Wow Ozzy,

Thanks for putting all the diplo tales in one place.

Comment

Hey.

Yo its me, the Capo.

Drop me a line people.

Comment

ozzy, this is truely fantastic. Many memories here. I'm getting inspired to start a new one!
                              "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                              *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                                and i am member number one of the diplo group
                                ... and a freakin deity
                                "Old age and skill will overcome youth and treachery. "
                                *deity of THE DEITIANS*

Comment

Working...
                                X