No announcement yet.

new civ:ToT scenario

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep at it, Daftpanzer. There are a few ToT-ers lurking around the forums, many of them in Civ2-Creation.

The ToT Bitterfrost thread can be found here.
    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

I go back and forth between working on one of my own scenarios and playing someone else's. It's one of the reasons why Sibling has triple my output!

I'm now up to about 1750 in Lost Colony. I really like the special tech awards idea - getting extra money/units for being the first to research. If there was some way to identify them in the tech tree or even the civilopedia, it would improve on the idea.

Other suggestions:

Higher mf's for ships. IMHO they're too low in standard civ, too low here.

Go through the Game and Labels files to make things consistent, eg: Bridge Building has been renamed Engineering, yet when you try to build a road on a river, it still tells you to research Bridge Building.

Some terrain graphics don't match the text. Wine looks like a volcano. Is it overproof Ripple?

What's up with the diplomat graphic?

The black color for Barbs is too dark. If they capture a city, you can't read the info.

Speaking of that, what about adding Barbarian controlled cities at the start, either on the main map or on some of the others?

I'm having fun playing. More later....
      Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

thanks for reminding me about the bridge issue. Have to fix that, would it be in game.txt?

hmm i wasnt thinking too much about special resourcs. the volcano graphic came with some graphics i imported. Maybe i can think of some interesting custom resources, anyway i will fix it so that grapihcs match the description. Ive also noticed the asteroid graphics are a bit wierd, especially some of the 'coast' graphics, will fix that too.

hmm, i like black barbarian colour, but yeah i see what you mean about the city names. Maybe a blood red colour...

I think i proably will make ships faster. I was worried about higher tech ships being able to zoom around the whole map destroying every low tech ship in one turn but i think i will make them slightly faster, especially modern ships.

thanks for your feedback again

/edit the diplomat and spy are currently done in a 'cartoony' style. I found some graphics from chrono trigger and old final fantasy games that somebody made into civ2 graphics, i thought it looked cool a the time. Probably your thinking it looks too inconsistent compared to all the other unit grapihcs? (You know how it is, you try a new thing just for a change and are blind to how good or bad it acutally looks). Still dont know whats the best graphics to use.

Comment

Working...
        X