Question for Mercator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Mercator

Do you know wha the difference in format between animated Civ3 sprites and ToT sprites is? Can they be converted?
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Techumseh, I don't know much about ToT sprites, but I know you can rip Civ3 units with this utility.
    Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

I have no idea as I don't have Civ3. But it seems Civ3 sprites are a somewhat more standard animation file format.

I checked out some of the user-made units...
      I don't think straight conversion is possible, because the Civ3 units are larger, so it's not possible to simply change one format to another without doing some cropping or resizing.

But, I found out Animation Shop (comes with PSP) can open the Civ3 animation files as well... So, in principle PSP and CivSprite can do the trick. Especially with PSP8 I think some scripts and batch renaming can help with most of the conversion process to prepare the animations for CivSprite.

CivSprite can't change animation properties yet though, so you would also need the right amount of frames etc.

I really should improve CivSprite, but the improvements I have in mind will take a lot of time. And there are so many other things to do... Of the civ2 things, finally adding my 750+ map collection to my website is the first priority.
      Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
      X