Weird Change of Art in Test of Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Change of Art in Test of Time

I started playing and everything went fine for awhile before all the art changed to regular Civ 2 Art. When this happened some blue squares would flash instead of units. The terrain went to Civ2 style. Has anyone else ever had such a problem?
    Hitler was a bastard.
    ICQ # 264629772

Did you save you r game in the main ToT directory by any chance?
    Games should be saved in the correct subdirectory (Original, Sci-fi etc.).
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

That is a good possibility, I will check that out.. Thank you
      Hitler was a bastard.
      ICQ # 264629772

Comment

Another fun save game bug:[list=1][*]Start a new game in say, Sci-fi mode.[*]Play a while and save it.[*]Quit entirely.[*]Start again and begin a game in a different mode from the first.[*]Part of the way into the new game, load the previous one.[*]Observe the fascinating graphics glitches.[/list=1]

BTW - It's been nearly a year since I last played it so this may have been fixed.
        American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
        I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
        Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
        XGalaga.

Comment

Another ? about Test of Time, How the hell do you get over to the alien world? The only civ left on Earth is the Zulus (just too far away), do I have to kill them or is it one of the new techs that allows you to go over?
          BTW, thank you for your advice about the save files, that was the problem.....
          Hitler was a bastard.
          ICQ # 264629772

Comment

IIRC, when your spaceship arrives, three colonists of yours are made on the Alpha Centauri. I could be wrong though, I stuck mostly to the Sci-Fi and generally didn't play Extended Original.
            American by birth, smarter than the average tropical fruit by the grace of Me. -me
            I try not to break the rules but merely to test their elasticity. -- Bill Veeck | Don't listed to the Linux Satanist, people. - St. Leo | If patching security holes was the top priority of any of us(no matter the OS), we'd do nothing else. - Me, in a tired and accidental attempt to draw fire from all three sides.
            Posted with Mozilla Firebird running under Sawfish on a Slackware Linux install.:p
            XGalaga.

Comment

There is a bug in the game where you are unable to research Ultra-string theory. You need to install the Test of Time patch 1.1, download it here.

Comment

I always wondered about that. It was the major reason why I almost never played Extended Original. The other reason was that Sci-fi has four map layers.
                XGalaga.

Comment

It was the map I picked for Centauri, the Pacific... Too many water squares is why i couldnt build portals....
                  Hitler was a bastard.
                  ICQ # 264629772

Comment

Working...
                  X