Civconverter woes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civconverter woes

For some reason, when I try to convert Koybashi's Alpha Quadrant scenario, civconverter crashes after copying Advice.txt. I tried removing various files that could be messing it up, but to no avail. I tried running the scenario directly with and without the other files, but either way it causes ToT to crash. Does anyone know what might be the problem?
    "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
    "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

The most common cause of the CivConverter not converting is the existence of 3VP cities in the original scenario. Since ToT only supports 1VP cities, it won't convert.
    Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Does BAQ have 3xObjectives in it? From my understanding, there are only 5 objective points needed to win.
      "If you are not confused by quantum physics, then you haven't really understood it." -Niels Bohr
      "The true test of your character is what it takes to stop you." -Dr. Bob Jones Sr.

Comment

dont know what ht eproblem is, but i recall converting it. (unfortunately i later deleted it) Keep bugging me here and i might just go and convert it again and send it.
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Sorry to bump the thread again.

I'm hoping to civconvert a few scenarios from the internet. One scen is WinterFritz's "All Under Heaven". I'm having difficulties converting it. After I open up the DOS console and type in the commands for CivConverter (including the full path name), it says there is an error in the scenario.

Can I email the .scn file to somebody for them to convert it for me?
          "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by Alinestra Covelia
            One scen is WinterFritz's "All Under Heaven". I'm having difficulties converting it. After I open up the DOS console and type in the commands for CivConverter (including the full path name), it says there is an error in the scenario.
            Downloaded it and converted it without any such errors. Ended up fixing this and that. I've uploaded it here. Fixes are listed in the RAR file. Edit: Updated link.

Originally posted by techumseh
            The most common cause of the CivConverter not converting is the existence of 3VP cities in the original scenario. Since ToT only supports 1VP cities, it won't convert.
            They convert OK. ToT just doesn't read them. Won't cause a crash, though.
            Last edited by Catfish; December 18, 2007, 06:19.
            Catfish's Cave - Resources for Civ2: Test of Time | Test of Time FAQ | War of the Ring scenario

Comment

Hey Catfish, thanks for the conversion! I'll try it out soon!
              "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

did we ever find anybody interested in hosting converted files?

And has anyone ever figured out a way to fix the graphics in Hartels scens, which come out almost unplayably awful when converted?
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I'm willing to host selected scenarios converted to ToT. I'm only interested in first rate scenarios though.
                  Tecumseh's Village, Home of Fine Civilization Scenarios

www.tecumseh.150m.com

Comment

Does All Under Heaven count?

I'm playing it right now and it's pretty good fun. The units all work well and the tech tree has been ripped up and revamped. It's not a complete overhaul (the way Sword of Shannara was) but it's good to play and also is one of the very, very few Civ 2 scenarios set in China's history when it wasn't being Nanjing-raped, Opium-drugged, or nuclear-wastelanded into nonexistence.

I could recommend it and can probably provide a few files if necessary.
                    "lol internet" ~ AAHZ

Comment

Originally posted by techumseh
                      I'm willing to host selected scenarios converted to ToT. I'm only interested in first rate scenarios though.
                      I seem to have deleted all my converted scenarios. I have Riverwar dled, but never got around to converting it.

Comment

Working...
                      X