No Game End By Bribing The Last AI City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Game End By Bribing The Last AI City

I just have a game where I bribed the last AI city - I wanted to finish the game.
    But I was very astonished when the game continued ...
    The "no restart of civs" option was turned on.
    Seems that there is a difference between taking the last AI city by brute force or by bribing!
    Have you ever noticed this phenomenon?
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

They must have an unsupported settler out there somewhere.
    Can you still contact them?...share maps or hit cheat and reveal it
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I had a game like that, I thought I had won but the game continued, I finally found a settler wandering around the south pole
      The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Yeah, I once found a settler in my territory in a mountain range.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

There's definitively no settller or engineer left. I've got already space flight, my ss is ready to start.
          Last edited by ramses II.; August 3, 2003, 01:16.

Comment

Here's the savefile (civ 2.4.2):
            Attached Files

Comment

The Apollo Program does NOT reveal all enemy units! It only reveals the map and units at the time you build it.

After that you only see the newly built cities, and units within two squares from your city (apart from the regular stuff).

In other words, there can still be plenty of units walking around.
              Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Yes, it took me a few games before I figured out what Apollo actually showed.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Endless Game

I just "finished" another game (deity, 7 civs, map 125x80, raging hordes).
                  Civ-Version 2.4.2

Having more than 320 Million people, I destroyed the last AI city (I first poisoned the water supply, so it had size 1) - but the game didn't end.
                  Then, some turns later I started my SS. I received a message that the Romans (me) had landed on AC in 2019 - BUT THE GAME CONTINUED.
                  So I played until 2020 - BUT THE GAME STILL CONTINUED!!!

Oh, Sid!!! That could have been a new personal record (more than 12.000 points)

Comment

I haven't looked at your savefile, but I assume you've got UN. The embassy will identify which AI civilization remains active. Check: is it the same civ you wiped out, or a different one of the same color? If it's the same one, there's something you still haven't wiped out yet.

Comment

I've got all wonders, UN included. There's no remaining civ, no AI settler.
                      I think it's because I have about 1.000.000.000 citizens.
                      It's then 2nd time that these things happen. Perhaps it's my civ version(2.4.2) that causes this irregular behaviour.

Comment

Maybe the civ2 engine checks only changes in ownership of a city.

But there was no change in ownership of this city because the city is lost.

So its a Bug or feature:fg.

Solution: let a barbarian unit take another city and retake the city.

Comment

you lost.

Comment

Working...
                          X