Units Extra9 and more: possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units Extra9 and more: possible?

So I just got ToT and noted that it has a bunch of Civ2-style files in its root directory, one of which is a units.gif file with 2 extra rows at the bottom.

Needless to say I am drooling. Is there any way to have this many available Extra slots in Civ2MGE? Has anyone discovered critical hex codes or some other tricks for mutating MGE closer to ToT in this regard?

I know, I'm probably just dreaming here. But we must dare to dream.

Yep, you're dreaming...

And I think you shouldn't post in this forum either (but rather in sleague/creation). This is more like a repository of earlier discoveries, hints and tips.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

ToT Files

Ok this thread may be dead, but I have the same thing. Once all of my game files got corrupted and had the old Civ2 style graphics, and black tiles under resorces. Fixed by just using a different directory ( My Docs ect. ). Just posting for reference.
      Red meat isn't bad for you... fuzzy green meat is....

Comment

Mike Lynch was actually talking about something quite different.

With ToT you have to make sure to save your games in the correct folder. I.e. if you play an Original game, you must save in the Original subfolder etc. If you save in the main ToT folder, it'll use the graphics there.

The graphics in the main folder are formatted for the older Civ2 versions, so they will look all messed up if they're used in ToT. That makes you wonder why those graphics are even there at all, if they don't work properly with ToT anyway...

And that was what Mike Lynch was thinking. Since the old style units.gif has extra unit slots, maybe that means they can also be made to work with MGE. After all, they don't work with ToT, so maybe the extra units slots were made available before ToT already (but unactivated).
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Working...
        X