Time Threat Pardox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Threat Pardox

As some of you may know, there is a downloadable and online payable version of test of time. I have it. I downloaded it and paid for it because I wanted to play teh time threat parado scenario.

Unfortunately, the exe installer for that scenario doesn't recognise this version of test of time as a legally purchased copy.

Does anyone have a solution to this? Even emailing a zipped version of it would be ok I think. Its copyright for sure, but it was never sold for money and its not like I dont have a legally purchased copy. And its not like I could use it if I didnt have one anyway.

Help me, anyone?
    The sons of the prophet were valiant and bold,
    And quite unaccustomed to fear,
    But the bravest of all is the one that I'm told,
    Is named Abdul Abulbul Amir

It's probably because there are a few registry keys missing.

What version do you have (see title of "Game Options" dialog in the "Game" menu), and what Windows version do you have?

Anyway, try the following attachment (unzip it, and double-click the .reg file). It adds some of those missing registry keys, so maybe the installation will recognise ToT now.
    Attached Files
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Game version is 1.1.0 7-Sep-99. Windows version is P. And the registry patch didn't do the job

Comment

Second try... Does this make it work?
        Attached Files
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Nope. Didn't work.

Comment

I'm at a loss... I'm not sure if mailing a zipped version is really feasible because the scenario is about 45MB, and I'm not sure if it also makes changes to other files than just the scenario folders.

Perhaps you should try re-installing ToT.

I just uninstalled the time threat paradox, to see if I could find out what could go wrong when installing it...
            And surprisingly, I also got the message that it couldn't find ToT. I then uninstalled the 1.1 patch, and trying to reinstall that also didn't work. So I had to uninstall and reinstall ToT completely to get them back to work again.

Comment

Hi. Just checking in to say that uninstalling and reinstalling did NOT work either. Anyone want to zip the folders and put them on kazaa?

Comment

Just curious if you had it set up this way (silly question perhaps) - the only way the Time Threat Paradox will work is if you install it THEN install the 1.1 patch. From what I have heard, it won't work if you install it after the patch.

Comment

The version of ToT I had trouble with was the online-payable one that you download. This version comes with the 1.1 patch already installed. This version also fails to be detected as a valid copy for either the time threat paradox or the 1.1 patch. The installer kicks you out before doing anything.

I finally found a solution though. I went back home for the holidays, and picked up my original CD, which fortunately none of my family had pinched. Unlike my Civ III CD, which did get pinched

Comment

Working...
                  X