Renaming maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renaming maps

So how do I do it? I'm creating a scenario (under the Scifi folder so I can use 4 maps) and I would like that none of my maps were called "Orbit" or whatever.
    "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

I believe the names are located in the game.txt. Look for @TRANSPORTOPTIONS, this lists the names for the four maps. You probably need to have four names, regardless of how many maps you're actually using.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you, Merc! I've been meaning to change "World" for some time now, but was busy looking for it in Labels.txt.

Since I'm publicizing my ignorance, where can I find out what the settings under @INITIAL_SETTINGS in Rules.txt control?
      El Aurens v2 Beta!

Comment

Have a look at all of the rules.txt of the different games. Some have more comments than others.

Here's the comment above the original game rules:

Code:
        ; map, primary unit type, secondary unit type
        So, the first value is the map number the civ will start on.

The second value is the unit they get for free at start-up (normally 0 for settlers, but the Buteos in the fantasy game start with 70, the "B Settler").

I'm not sure about the third value, I think it's the default (defence) unit for a newly built city (normally 3 for the phalanx).

So I guess the first two values (well, at least the first) are only interesting for games with random starts, rather than pre-placed civilizations.
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Thank you very much Mercator. You've just saved me an immense headache.
          "The self is a relation that relates itself to itself, or is the relation's relating itself to itself in the relation; the self is not the relation but is the relation relating itself to itself." -Kierkegaard, at one of his less lucid moments

Tremolando shows rage! Sforzando shows excitement! C Minor means gravity!–D Minor means terror!...Round and round like donkeys at a grindstone! -Amadeus

Comment

Working...
          X