No announcement yet.

test of time patch 1.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MapEdit installation program is not too bright... Try uninstalling and re-installing MapEdit, or maybe even just restart your computer.
    What error are you getting, by the way?

Do the tiles also get the improvements bonuses?

With CivStack? Yep. There are only two differences with placing the improvements by hand: (1) CivStack's a lot faster, (2) CivStack doesn't change the map view, so all tiles with newly placed improvements have to be rediscovered before you actually see them on the map.

But the main reason was to use the stackable nature of Forts (i.e. units get killed one at a time), and in that case the "forts" wouldn't be visible anyway.

Oh, and, in ToT, airbases don't give you any of those bonuses.
    Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Mercator
      The MapEdit installation program is not too bright... Try uninstalling and re-installing MapEdit, or maybe even just restart your computer.
      What error are you getting, by the way?

Oh i reinstalled it allright,it was no big deal.

It tries to erase all previously temporarily installed components and it remains forever to 0% done.

Even a simple ctr-alt delete can uncrash it, no big deal as said before.

With CivStack? Yep. There are only two differences with placing the improvements by hand: (1) CivStack's a lot faster, (2) CivStack doesn't change the map view, so all tiles with newly placed improvements have to be rediscovered before you actually see them on the map.

Even rail?

and how can the improvements be placed manually?
      Last edited by Palaiologos; July 10, 2003, 07:19.
      "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
      Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Originally posted by Palaiologos
        Even rail?
        Whether it has to be rediscovered, you mean?
        Short answer: yes.

long answer: Information about tile improvements is saved in several different places in a savegame. One place keeps what the actual improvements are, another place keeps what each of the civilizations actually see.

CivStack only updates the former, so everything you place initially will appear hidden at first. But wherever you go it will all be revealed again.

You can of course unveal the latest changes again. Just like you would otherwise do when creating a scenario and revealing the maps of civilizations (e.g. by moving around an air unit with high movement).

and how can the improvements be placed manually?
        um... As you would always do... With the "Change terrain" option in the cheat menu.

Originally posted by lord of the mark
        speaking of poly, and the cradle, is there any interest there in keeping converted MGE games on the cradle?
        I'm not really sure how active the Cradle is anymore... But I might be interested. What scenarios do you have?
        Civilization II: maps, guides, links, scenarios, patches and utilities (+ Civ2Tech and CivEngineer)

Comment

Sorry mercator, i was confused becaused i hadn't realised what stackable terrain really is. I though it was some kind of editing-programming tweak to give fortress or airbase abilities to tiles.

I see now that is simply "fortresses with a blank gfx on all tiles".
          "Military training has three purposes: 1)To save ourselves from becoming subjects to others, 2)to win for our own city a possition of leadership, exercised for the benefit of others and 3)to exercise the rule of a master over those who deserve to be treated as slaves."-Aristotle, The Politics, Book VII

All those who want to die, follow me!
          Last words of Emperor Constantine XII Palaiologos, before charging the Turkish hordes, on the 29th of May 1453AD.

Comment

Aha... That's all it is indeed.

Comment

Working...
            X